Cyclo cross section

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Hi Scott or the admins,

being rather new to the sport of cyclo cross (about the last aspect of cycling i havent dabbled at) i am realizing how little information or platform there is for information on this particular discipline.

I had a few questions on the matter and whilst it isn't exactly MTB or road it has been around for as long as and quite probably longer than MTB i would like to inaugurate a Cx section or sub-section for the CX afficionados on rotorburn.

I think the sport is experiencing a major boom in Australia, and RB being the early adopter that it is it would be timely to kick one off.

Food for thought.

Nicho

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
There is a reason for this. Cyclocross is idiotic.
So is mountain biking, but we all do it. Was there a point or are we just playing the fact game?

Cricket is boring

The sky is blue

Collingwood sucks

Pedals always find the tender spot on your shin

Big spiders are way fucking scary

Ozkaban

Likes Dirt
I've been interested in cyclocross. There's a good thread on the bna forums. My problem (apart from lack of CX bike - I can fix that) is the lack of CX facilities. There is some stuff on Syd northern beaches but when my ride time is 2-3hrs max I don't want to spend an hour driving each way.

Reckon a CX bike would be cool around old mans valley though. It should be able to handle the blue track in the right hands...

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The beauty of cx is that it makes tracks that are boring on a 5'' dually quite exciting and hairy. I've got flat bars on my cx bike at the moment, it mainly sees use as a commuter, but I take detours along little pieces of singletrack sometimes.

A fun ride is to go for a couple of road laps around centennial park and then take the easy single track around the outside for a lap or two.

If we don't get a cx section, a cx thread in the roadie section would suffice.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I support a separate CX section also. With Dirty deeds, Syca-Cross and the National series kicking off soon, it makes sense.
Yes there are haters, they're just scared of wearing a skinsuit :)

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
^^^+1.

YT are awesome fun on a CX with 32c... Talk about having to pick your line and looking ahead. Great fun, a CX section would be a welcome addition.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Yes! good to see some support. I did the support race to the national round last year at Terry hills on a mates CX bike and i absolutely loved it.
In the process of building one of a kind CX bike and i think they are a lot of closet CX riders around here. In fact they are probably all riding in Newcastle right now for the national series.

Wether this gets traction or not i think it is a fast growing discipline of the sport with some fun aspects.

Nicho

nicho

Sacré bleu!
That's awesome to see. Here's another awesome example of the growth in popularity in CX. From BMX to road to cx and i'm sure he's dabbled at MTB.

Cycling is cycling deal with it.

Nicho

jean5614

Likes Dirt
Yes absolutely, cx section is a must. As for the haters, don't pay any attention to them people always hate what they don't understand. People were burned at the stake for saying the world was round. There's still some out there.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yes absolutely, cx section is a must. As for the haters, don't pay any attention to them people always hate what they don't understand. People were burned at the stake for saying the world was round. There's still some out there.
HERECY!!!!! burn the witch, burn the witch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Not sure who's attention we need to catch to make it happen. I thought admins or Scott would visit this section every now and again.

Nicho