Crazy John DEAD

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,23636,22634345-31037,00.html

Crazy John's founder dead at 42
By Matthew Pinkney
October 23, 2007 12:43pm

JOHN Ilhan, founder and owner of Crazy John's mobile phone company, has died of a suspected heart attack, his company says.

Mr Ilhan, 42, was one of Australia's richest men.

The telecommunications king, whose company turned over more than $175 million last year, reportedly died while he was out jogging.

He lived in Melbourne with his wife and children.

Broadmeadows-born Mr Ilhan began his career with Strathfield Car Radios and quickly became one of their most successful salesmen.

He launched his own business - Mobileworld in Brunswick in 1991 - changing the business name to Crazy John's soon after.

He was recently listed as Australia's 126th richest man with an estimated fortune of $310 million.

Mr Ilhan said his factory-working parents instilled in him the importance of hard work. From little he formed his empire.

Today, Crazy John?s is the largest independent phone retailer in Australia with more than 120 retail stores across Australia and the employer of more than 600 staff.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
shiiit... 42? that's young...

condolences of course to family and friends of the deceased.

danv

Likes Dirt
http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,23636,22634345-31037,00.html

Crazy John's founder dead at 42
By Matthew Pinkney
October 23, 2007 12:43pm

JOHN Ilhan, founder and owner of Crazy John's mobile phone company, has died of a suspected heart attack, his company says.

Mr Ilhan, 42, was one of Australia's richest men.

The telecommunications king, whose company turned over more than $175 million last year, reportedly died while he was out jogging.
Jesus. High stress job maybe?:rolleyes:
Of course its a tragedy for his family.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WOW, to die at 42, is quite surprising, in the day and age we live in. Just for the record, partially because I don't know was he over weight?

Yeah, I feel for his family, and friends, loosing their, husband, dad and best mate.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Faaaark.

Big Kev, Crazy John... this my friends is the end of Australian Culture.

42 is pretty damn young.
arrr the contrary dick smith is still alive;)

so sad to hear this news as i watched the interview they had on seven last night he was a really great person he didnt care about money just his family the money he said was just a bonus for his hard work throught the toughest years of his life he had four young children one only recently born

condolences to his family and i hope the family can keep such a great empire gojng

JACK O

Likes Dirt
my mum told me in the car today! my mom plays tennins with his wife. :(

my parents are in their mid 40's :( please dont die mummy or daddy :(

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just heard it on the news and was listening about how he met his wife through work and how upset she is. Then some thing about www.oo.com.au came on talking about house wives doing work from home and I was like.. wtf?

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Yeah, that was pretty sad. He was a legend, worked bloody hard for every cent of his $300 million worth. He was on Today Tonight last night.