Crash Pics Thread

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Too much coasting into the kicker! Holy shit that's big. Both wrists broken? It's going to be a long recovery.
Speaking of long recoveries, a mate is currently laid up while the surgeons patch him up with a handful of surgeries after a big off at the MX track. Both ankles, both femurs, and ripped his right shoulder apart pretty good. Bloke is one tough unit though and as long as they can get his arm working again I reckon he'll get back on the bike. He raced a few seasons in the VDHS series a few years back too, possibly a few on here may know him.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
So, it'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, so I should finally put this up here. Anyone on the Bluies ride in July has prob already seen this, given I think it was the most filmed crash in Sydney this year... certainly for July anyway!

Road Gap I've done before, but not for a few years. The corners before were a bit rougher this day, but most of all being in a gear or two too high meant when I wanted speed, I basically couldn't pedal...

Easiest way is the Dropbox link below, and before anyone asks:
- yes, I've already uploaded of these to Pinkbike in the hope of getting some Friday Fails infamy.
- yes, the bike is completely fine! Including the rear wheel, SC Reserve are truly indestructible!

I'll post up one of the aftermath two of the aftermath photos though.

Final result was a broken Ulna and shattered Olecranon, plenty of pins and screws in there. I'm doing OK now, just working as hard as I can to get full movement back!

FB_IMG_1689558401494.jpg

FB_IMG_1692956711656.jpg

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Final result was a broken Ulna and shattered Olecranon, plenty of pins and screws in there. I'm doing OK now, just working as hard as I can to get full movement back!
Ouch!!! On the up side I guess you have learnt to do a bunch of stuff left handed now.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ouch!!! On the up side I guess you have learnt to do a bunch of stuff left handed now.
Nah, that's what the wife and kid were for! Ha, well, except my daughter is 4, so great for cuddles, not so good for cooking yet! And wiping was just a stretch too far to ask of either of them... Not that I didn't try of course :D

Good to see in not the only person still wearing gloves.
Always and forever! These ones even survived, didn't need to get cut off.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
So, it'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, so I should finally put this up here. Anyone on the Bluies ride in July has prob already seen this, given I think it was the most filmed crash in Sydney this year... certainly for July anyway!

Road Gap I've done before, but not for a few years. The corners before were a bit rougher this day, but most of all being in a gear or two too high meant when I wanted speed, I basically couldn't pedal...

Easiest way is the Dropbox link below, and before anyone asks:
- yes, I've already uploaded of these to Pinkbike in the hope of getting some Friday Fails infamy.
- yes, the bike is completely fine! Including the rear wheel, SC Reserve are truly indestructible!

I'll post up one of the aftermath two of the aftermath photos though.

View attachment 402053

View attachment 402054

I think it's you at 2:18

Isildur

The Real Pedant

I think it's you at 2:18
Yes it is! Famous now
Ha, I've been super bust all weekend, kid sitting yesterday and a 12V install into the truck today, but I've had about 5 million people message me to say I'm on FF! Totally Famous now!

It's kind of a family thing for us to all sit down at watch it, so it'll have to wait until Tuesday at this stage now :D Ha, not that I haven't seen every angle I've got over and over again, but now I'm on the Internet for the 2nd time in my life!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Oh boy, in front of a decent crowd too.
Unlucky, the bike really dumped you on that one :(
Well, without the crowd I probably wouldn't be internet famous now. But that crowd also meant that it was super friendly and supportive as I was on the ground. At least 5 emergency services people right onto me (inlcuding my wife!), so was in very good hands :)

And yeah, I think my bike basically told me what it thought of my totally too slow effort and just wanted to be anywhere else but under me!