Convict 100 - St. Albans (Formerly the Dirt Works NSW)

JP

Likes Dirt
Save yourselves the anguish, heartache and rage and just wait until April next year when you can snap up one of the many entries that will be for sale then!

Mediocre

Cannon Fodder
Finally!

In for the 50. That was tough work... and took longer than the race usually does! Still, looking forward to race day in May.

Zenith

Likes Bikes
Did my entry for the Convict, except the system doesnt want to email me a receipt.

I'll try again latter and see if it works :)

monkeynuts

Likes Bikes
Will the race be held on a Saturday again if successful? I reckon it’s a great idea to be able to hang around after the race.

maxadventure

Likes Bikes
Will the race be held on a Saturday again if successful? I reckon it’s a great idea to be able to hang around after the race.
For the foreseeable future, it will be a Saturday race. We are putting a lot of effort in to provide facilities for Saturday night, hopefully we'll get a lot of riders sticking around for a few celebratory drinks.

Zenith

Likes Bikes
Did my entry for the Convict, except the system doesnt want to email me a receipt.

I'll try again latter and see if it works :)

Got the conformation email :) it arrived about 5pm.

So now to start training for 100klm of fun.. or pain.. im hoping for fun :)

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
21 in the 100km (incl. 1 female) and 10 in the 50km (1 female) - Must say I am surprised by that, we didn't expect that many in the CX category.
Interesting that it seems (thus far) that the 'not the dirtworks' has attracted more CX entries than the fling... Whilst I mentally reviewed the course and thought that there was only a small section that would be painful on the crosser... the more I think about it the worse it gets! Tick - lots of lovely fireroad at the start... cross - rock gardens through to Shepards Gully (hmmm a small stand selling 700*23 tubes halfway down might make a bomb!). Tick - more lovely fireroad (and tar) for most of the rest (although the constant climbing in the last 40km might require a front cog rethink)... cross - the descending that makes all that climbing worthwhile will be a white knuckle in the drops affair and not really that much fun after all!

Oh well... we do these things for fun after all. :)

If anyone is looking for a cheap set of rims then I may have a slightly used road tubeless setup for sale on the 6th of May...

Maltese Falcon

Likes Dirt
100km entries are now at 80% full, we are not expecting them to last the weekend.
trying very hard to enter the 50k. The website doesn't allow me entry without signing up to the other cycling website.

It won't email me a password to enter? What do I do.

I remember the good old (early) days of entering Dirtworks, I went down to the bank & put money into your account.....