Convict 100 - St. Albans (Formerly the Dirt Works NSW)

maxadventure

Likes Bikes

Event Date: 5th May 2012
Entries Open: 1st December at 9am

Just letting everyone know that entries for the Convict 100 (formerly the Dirt Works NSW) will open on Thursday (1 Dec) at 9am. There are a couple of changes we would like to communicate to all our riders:

Event Name Change
After 7 years our fantastic naming rights sponsors Dirt Works will no longer be involved with the event. Dirt Works were instrumental in establishing and making this event such a huge success. As with all sponsorship agreements – they cannot go on forever and there comes a time to call it quits. We will forever be indebted to Dirt Works for their support, commitment and bringing marathon mountain bike racing to the masses. They made this event and the Wombat 100 two of the premier 100km events. Elvis and the crew, we salute you.

Saturday Racing
From the date you would’ve gathered that the Convict 100 will take place on a Saturday, as opposed to the traditional Sunday racing. We’ve received a number of emails from riders, interested to know why we’ve moved the event to the Saturday. To explain, on the Sunday the event clashes with the Bridge to Bridge power boat race. Although not a direct conflict, all ferries along the Hawkesbury river are closed for the event from 9am to 12pm. This is not an issue for us or riders traveling to the event but as per RTA regulations, the ferries must remain operational for emergency vehicle access. So when the inevitable happens and we have to call in an ambulance for an injured rider, the ferries cause major delays and disruptions to the power boat race. For an event with a significant history, running in the Hawkesbury Valley since 1933, we felt it appropriate to accommodate their request and move the Convict 100 to Saturday.

Saturday Night Party
Now that we are racing on Saturday we thought it appropriate to throw a party on Saturday night, so you guys can properly celebrate a good performance at the Convict. We would like to encourage everyone to stick around on Saturday evening and have a beer with the Fire Brigade volunteers and the Max Adventure crew. To make this happen, we are bringing in hot showers so you can clean up after the race, offering $10 tents in the Real Insurance race village and a quality band to play some tunes at the pub. The food vendors will also be around on Saturday evening, alongside the Settlers Arms and Fickle Wombat to provide some good tucker after a hard day of racing. So, if you are planning to race the Convict, stick around and have some fun after the event.

Cheers,

Max Adventure Crew

mrricho

Likes Bikes
Already!

Cant believe its that time of the year again,i'm up for the 100+ again ....Too me and my mates it will always be the dirt works

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will something approaching the normal aturday set up be held on Friday? ie rego's, camping, food available as well?

onyabike

Likes Bikes
Dope... I love this race but my second child is due then as well, any chance the mobile reception has improved in the area?

Double Centurion

Looking forward to doing this race again.

2 questions: As Wombat 100 is now in late April, are Max Adventure doing the Double Centurion option again, after a few years off?

Also do you think someone should let the Fickle Wombat know the race is on this year, and there maybe 'a few' people wanting a feed? It was pretty funny last year leaving the restaurant at 6.30 to see the queue out the door and to the road. All the tables inside were 'reserved' and not able to be used and the staff were running round like mad people trying to serve the masses. We'd managed to get there early and promised to be out before the reserved table we were sat at was required.

maxadventure

Likes Bikes
Looking forward to doing this race again.

2 questions: As Wombat 100 is now in late April, are Max Adventure doing the Double Centurion option again, after a few years off?

Also do you think someone should let the Fickle Wombat know the race is on this year, and there maybe 'a few' people wanting a feed? It was pretty funny last year leaving the restaurant at 6.30 to see the queue out the door and to the road. All the tables inside were 'reserved' and not able to be used and the staff were running round like mad people trying to serve the masses. We'd managed to get there early and promised to be out before the reserved table we were sat at was required.
No double centurion unfortunately - we linked the events together for two reasons a)both were sponsored by Dirt Works and b)It was a promo tool when we launched the Wombat event to encourage NSW riders and DW regulars to go down there. They are two separate events now and the only link is the Real Insurance XCM series; along with a stack of other events.

Yeah, the Fickle Wombat episode was a funny one. The restaurant changed ownership a few weeks before the race, and the new owners did a complete refurb of the restaurant in the week leading up. We briefed them on what to expect but I don't think they really understood the enormity of the task. As they had just opened they wanted to keep everyone sweet with the reserved tables. I spoke to them after the event, I think they get it now.

maxadventure

Likes Bikes
Just a note on entries for the Convict 100, we are using the online entry system on the CycleNation.com.au portal. You will need to pre-register on the Cycle Nation website to enter the event. Although we are not expecting entries to go as quickly this year, it might be worthwhile to sort out a login before tomorrow.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
sooo sloww..... it's taken me 15 minutes to do one entry... one down one to go

edit: 8 mins into the second rego... getting error messages constantly... Cyclenation's online system really sucks

Last edited:

BureauMan

Likes Bikes
sooo sloww..... it's taken me 15 minutes to do one entry... one down one to go

edit: 8 mins into the second rego... getting error messages constantly... Cyclenation's online system really sucks
Ditto, error messages. How freaking difficult can it be to organise this. I'm at work, very little time, I'll try later in the day I guess. Frustrating.

maxadventure

Likes Bikes
Have faith guys, there is a lot going on at the CycleNation website but suffice to say, you won't miss out if you try in a couple of hours. Entries are not going that quickly. If you do miss out because you couldn't get into the entry system (or errors etc.) Get in touch with me an we'll sort you out with an entry.

Henry

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
Have faith guys, there is a lot going on at the CycleNation website but suffice to say, you won't miss out if you try in a couple of hours. Entries are not going that quickly. If you do miss out because you couldn't get into the entry system (or errors etc.) Get in touch with me an we'll sort you out with an entry.

Henry
I think I may need to take you up on that offer - been trying for an hour now and I'm just getting "an error has occurred" every time I enter my details...

Rida

Likes Bikes

Henry

I've been trying to enter since 9am with no luck. Just get error messages. Cyclenation website is also extremely slow. I've sent you an email via the maxadventure contact address.

rodlox

Cannon Fodder
ditto with the error messages
Been at work trying since 9 to put in two entries and so far haven't even managed to get one done
:mmph: