Congrats to No Skid Marks

lollies

Cannon Fodder
Mr No Skid Marks did one fucking awesome first time suspension today!
He was off the ground in a matter of seconds, touched the "unreachable" branch of our tree, did a god damn chin up thing and dropped back down onto dead weight THEN managed to kick his feet above his head mid air.... a very very impressive display.
If any of you other farkiners are as fearless and willing as him then PLEASE contact me and come suspend with us one day... it's nothing but a pleasure to accomodate individuals with an open mind and a daring attitude.

rooks

Banned
Sorry what is this thing...what do you mean?
like is it one of those needle int the back things then hang thingo what is it

im confused:confused:

lollies

Cannon Fodder
yup.
He did a 4 point(hook) suicide(top of back) body suspension.. hopefully we can get some stills from the video his girl took.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Where's video? I have to see this Insane (Edited for bad word usage before :p) thing!

Last edited:

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ruckus_Lord said:
I have to see this idiotic thing!
Not idiotic mate. Takes a shitload of self control, more than I have been able to muster yet.

Props to No Skid Marks.

(lollies, can you post some piccies please ?)

Drew.

Eats Squid
R33F said:
Not idiotic mate. Takes a shitload of self control, more than I have been able to muster yet.

Props to No Skid Marks.

Exactly! When i say idiotic i ment it in a "Woooow" kinda' way. :p

That's just nuts.

lollies

Cannon Fodder
R33F said:

Props to No Skid Marks.

I have none sorry.. i was too busy doing my job to care about taking pictures.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Ahh thanks for the props Lollies and thanks for hooking me up,as for video, well I'm having trouble just getting it off the stupid little sony tape onoto VHS and I have no idea of how to get it onto the computer but I'll see what I can do. God damn I'm sore today and the air bubbles in my neck and back are a bit freaky. Good fun none the less, cheers.

ashhash

Likes Dirt
Hey man what do you get out of doing this? (no offence or anything like that intended, purely curious ;) )

Do you get off on the pain? (surely its painful!?)
Just like freaking people out?
"Fun"?

Im sure anyone who does it gets asked these lame questions all the time but hey, enlighten me :D

Ash

No Skid Marks

I first saw it years ago and just thought I'd like to give it a go.I've seen the Indians doing it and using it to help them get to a spiritual level(somebody can probably ad to that a bit) I'm not some sicko that digs pain but after many motorbike accidents I did get a love for the adrenalin rush that I'm sure you can all relate to, and after many hours getting painful stuff done in hospital I guess it sorta just became a sort of meditation type thing being able to or trying to block the messages of pain to your brain.Yeah it hurts,I didn't really feel the hooks going in much but when I was first pulled into the air buy them it hurt overwhelmingly but I stayed level headed and was calm and relaxed but my subconciuos decided otherwise and i went into a relaxed trancy time of semi conciousness,wich was really cool,unfortunatelly but probably for the better they let me down. i then got my shit together and the adrenaline wore off,I hadn't eaten wich probably didn't help.I then went back up for half an hour to maybe 45 minutes. It's just a good way to escape from the norm of mundain reality. Just a personal challenge aswell I guess. I wont be doing it every weekend or longing to do it but when I feel I need a good slap in the face I'll do it again for sure. I'd recomend it to anyone thats partly interested as it is safe and Lollies and the rest are very very profetional about it. If I can sus out how to put the vid up I'll edit it down a bit and you can watch for yourself. I'm no tough guy buy any stretch of the imagination. It's just something different. Hell I'll try anything once.Nearly anything(as long as it doesn't include other naked males).

lollies

Cannon Fodder
No Skid Marks said:
I first saw it years ago and just thought I'd like to give it a go.I've seen the Indians doing it and using it to help them get to a spiritual level(somebody can probably ad to that a bit) I'm not some sicko that digs pain but after many motorbike accidents I did get a love for the adrenalin rush that I'm sure you can all relate to, and after many hours getting painful stuff done in hospital I guess it sorta just became a sort of meditation type thing being able to or trying to block the messages of pain to your brain.Yeah it hurts,I didn't really feel the hooks going in much but when I was first pulled into the air buy them it hurt overwhelmingly but I stayed level headed and was calm and relaxed but my subconciuos decided otherwise and i went into a relaxed trancy time of semi conciousness,wich was really cool,unfortunatelly but probably for the better they let me down. i then got my shit together and the adrenaline wore off,I hadn't eaten wich probably didn't help.I then went back up for half an hour to maybe 45 minutes. It's just a good way to escape from the norm of mundain reality. Just a personal challenge aswell I guess. I wont be doing it every weekend or longing to do it but when I feel I need a good slap in the face I'll do it again for sure. I'd recomend it to anyone thats partly interested as it is safe and Lollies and the rest are very very profetional about it. If I can sus out how to put the vid up I'll edit it down a bit and you can watch for yourself. I'm no tough guy buy any stretch of the imagination. It's just something different. Hell I'll try anything once.Nearly anything(as long as it doesn't include other naked males).
Give yourself a few weeks and i can bet you'll get an itch to go back up, well i hope you do coz quite honestly you're a natural and it's always crappy to see talent go to waste.

rooks

Banned
are any of you hangers budisht by the way?,
because thats a very spiritual religon and it seems that this is what hanging is about(well to me anyway)

No Skid Marks

It's just something different to do that happens to hurt. Getting your ears pierced hurts to, and people do that for looks? It's just an experience, I did it for no other reason than tasting life.

lollies

Cannon Fodder
rooks said:
are any of you hangers budisht by the way?,
because thats a very spiritual religon and it seems that this is what hanging is about(well to me anyway)
I don't think suspension is spiritual at all...everything you experience from the act has a scientific explanation and usually related to shock. There are feelings of elation and closeness to those who are there for your experience but in stressfull situations that will happen regardless of what you're doing.

I know one buddhist who has attempted suspension.. she didn't get off the ground so i guess her spirit wasn't there the guide her that day, interesting hey.