Confessions from the fuckwits

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Would have to agree. I think it is very much store specific, which could work against the good ones, considering they are all lumped in as part of the mega conglomerate.

I haven't had any work done by my local 99er, but have been pleasantly surprised by their genuine (not overbearing) helpfulness, and knowledge, staff dependant of course, of road and mtb. I do know of a number of mtbers that get all their servicing and repairs done there, and have yet to hear a bad review.
99 Marion has the ex owner and the mechanic of a well known bike shop that closed down working there, been there 5yrs.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Same dude at 99’s backed it up last night when I went to pick up some tyres for the roadie.

“Which tyres are they?” GP5000’s.

He’s then out the back for ages and comes back and says he can’t find them.

Other guy says he saw them sitting on the shelf 15min ago.

He goes back out to look again and comes back with them in hand.

“Found them. I was looking for big knobby tyres”.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
how about..??
View attachment 404872

CoTFW... "I was X years old today when i realised you can reverse unidirectional torque wrenches...." :eek: (for pedals..)
mind blown....
View attachment 404871
how about..??
View attachment 404872

CoTFW... "I was X years old today when i realised you can reverse unidirectional torque wrenches...." :eek: (for pedals..)
mind blown....
View attachment 404871
Took me way longer than I’d like to admit before I worked out that my bi torque wrench swung both ways.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
You made me Google-fu it:

3rd umpire says Noel ;)
OK. He's got nothing to do with Cracked Carbon though. That is Neil Waterhouse.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
CC is a different bloke, Neil is CC. @shiny is correct, Noel and Mech + Pro son.

Mr Waterhouse is now working in BMCR. Which if you can get over the attitude, its probably the best bio-mechs on a bike in Australia.

They can sort shit out that no one ever thinks about...