Confessions from the fuckwits

stirk

Burner
Hahahaha guess what I did again today? (Different section, same fuckwittery)
Going for Gold now!

Why bother touching that knob, I personally don't find my front forks moving that much when going up steep hills to bother using lock out. If the skinny legs were strong enough to propeller me at speed up a hill then having the fork fully function would better than locked.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Going for Gold now!

Why bother touching that knob, I personally don't find my front forks moving that much when going up steep hills to bother using lock out. If the skinny legs were strong enough to propeller me at speed up a hill then having the fork fully function would better than locked.
It was already switched off, I switched it on by mistake before descending.

golden path

Banned
Yeah, I hit a moderate sized bump with my Lefty with it locked out - lockout and rebound shat itself. Wasn't much of a bump at all really.

Just another reason I was glad to wave it goodbye.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
nominate myself for the friday fuckwit;

got a lapierre e:i, had the fork sensor tied up, undid ready to connect, got called away, came back only to move ike 3 ft & get cable caught in front wheel & yanked out of the control box
took the bike up macedon for some climbing & a few dh runs, first 2 runs down had the f%$ing fork locked up, i thought it was riding rugh

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Lockout... what's that?

Who could be stuffed with twiddling knobs?

If you've gearing where you can actually spin, the bike doesn't bob anyway.

The only thing I twiddle is my dropper... and it's up and down more often than a brides nighty.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Lockout... what's that?
I've heard about it but can't I ever been bothered to twiddle that knob either.

Who could be stuffed with twiddling knobs?
Not unless I lose the remote control for the TV then it is next on the list.

If you've gearing where you can actually spin, the bike doesn't bob anyway.
Mostly true. A small bit of biopacing is fine. Granny gear is usually pretty smooth. Bigger gears with out of the saddle cranking is a different story and my knees would probably complain first.

The only thing I twiddle is my dropper... and it's up and down more often than a brides nighty.
There is so much mileage in this post in so many ways. I'm sure someone else will indulge.

I saw a shiny new dropper today. The concept is sound but I must be missing out on something that I don't know I'm missing out on.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

stirk

Burner
I saw a shiny new dropper today. The concept is sound but I must be missing out on something that I don't know I'm missing out on.

Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.
This sounds like a confession to me.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This sounds like a confession to me.
It was attached to a 5010 and Yeti's etc. Went to see some bike pr0n at Summit. I didn't bring anything uber home sadly.

----------

nak

Likes Bikes
I needed to take the slack up on the chain on my single speed. After getting it just right, for some reason I decided to check the tension and the free spinning of the hub after taking the bike down off the stand by spinning the cranks with my bare feet......... After a couple of good spins, i tried one last time and my foot slipped on the crank and my toe ended up on the chain and was quickly pulled into the rapidly spinning chainring. A trip to to the ER ensued after extricating my toe from the chainring.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I needed to take the slack up on the chain on my single speed. After getting it just right, for some reason I decided to check the tension and the free spinning of the hub after taking the bike down off the stand by spinning the cranks with my bare feet......... After a couple of good spins, i tried one last time and my foot slipped on the crank and my toe ended up on the chain and was quickly pulled into the rapidly spinning chainring. A trip to to the ER ensued after extricating my toe from the chainring.
Ouch. Like a lot of ouch. Was it a mangled or clean cut kind of job? To feel better, just he thankful you weren't working nude!

nak

Likes Bikes
Bled like a bastard but wasn't too bad....only got one tooth deep before it jammed up. Nice little tooth shaped puncture and a bit of squashage, but should be fine, and on the up-side I just cleaned my chain so hopefully not too much grime got jammed in there.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's been a while but this thread is back on track. Cheers mate to a speedy toe recovery. I'm sure a lot of us have escaped narrowly from chainrings and rotors without realising it.

Still remember one dude on a moto forum logging in to post pics from ER with three fingers half stumped, he'd been lubng the chain with a rag and got pulled through the rear sprocket. Chop chop chop. His other passion was guitar from memory.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
It's been a while but this thread is back on track. Cheers mate to a speedy toe recovery. I'm sure a lot of us have escaped narrowly from chainrings and rotors without realising it.

Still remember one dude on a moto forum logging in to post pics from ER with three fingers half stumped, he'd been lubng the chain with a rag and got pulled through the rear sprocket. Chop chop chop. His other passion was guitar from memory.
I bet he ended up learning a lot from Tony Iommi and Django Reinhardt.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This is a rather extreme action to get near a hot ED nurse. Hope it was worth it.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This is a rather extreme action to get near a hot ED nurse. Hope it was worth it.
No nurse could be worth that one. Maybe the funky hospital meds make it worthwhile.

----------