Confessions from the fuckwits

nzdans

Likes Dirt
Today will be the last time I ride without repellent for a while...
+1 (especially for night rides) here.. had something down the back of my jersey tonight, I reached back and tried to squish whatever it was without stopping. found a few bite marks when I got home but no hitchhiker, hmmm.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
+1 (especially for night rides) here.. had something down the back of my jersey tonight, I reached back and tried to squish whatever it was without stopping. found a few bite marks when I got home but no hitchhiker, hmmm.
Spider man...spider man...does whatever a slider can.

stirk

Burner
I just purchased some stuff online, late at night as we do.

My cart didn't quite qualify for free shipping so I hit the continue shopping button to add to the total. Sucker for free shipping.

Before I know it I have bought some more small items including a litre of brake oil which will take me years to go through just to get the basket to qualify for free shipping, and ahem, a bit over that now.

Go to checkout and in my excitement to have goods delivered quickly I decide I need to pay for express post. :doh:

I'm sure I'm not alone in this fuckwittery!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Damn internets had me believing that the damaged Lyriks i had have interchangeable parts with the Domain series, was hoping to do a Frakenfork conversion (domain uppers with lyrik lowers and internals)
found a new ,albiet older set of Domains for a steal, butchered the internals to do the retro, only to find out that the bottom of the Domain stanchions are not removable, and the top caps from the Lyrik are a smaller thread!!
Now i have Two pairs of damaged forks..................FW:deadhorse:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I just purchased some stuff online, late at night as we do.

My cart didn't quite qualify for free shipping so I hit the continue shopping button to add to the total. Sucker for free shipping.

Before I know it I have bought some more small items including a litre of brake oil which will take me years to go through just to get the basket to qualify for free shipping, and ahem, a bit over that now.

Go to checkout and in my excitement to have goods delivered quickly I decide I need to pay for express post. :doh:

I'm sure I'm not alone in this fuckwittery!
I too made some purchases this evening...but I'm not a sucker for express post. I like the free stuff. 1 litre of oil won't last as long as you think...wait til you get a feel for it. Errrrrr I mean regularly well bled brakes.

Damn internets had me believing that the damaged Lyriks i had have interchangeable parts with the Domain series, was hoping to do a Frakenfork conversion (domain uppers with lyrik lowers and internals)
found a new ,albiet older set of Domains for a steal, butchered the internals to do the retro, only to find out that the bottom of the Domain stanchions are not removable, and the top caps from the Lyrik are a smaller thread!!
Now i have Two pairs of damaged forks..................FW:deadhorse:
Thats not good. Your lyric uppers must be fucked if you're trying to use domains!

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Headed down to the trail on the weekend, and before the ride did a quick check of the bike. Rear brake was a bit spongy, but came good after a pump or two so I thought to myself I'd bleed it when I got back home.

Fuckwit.

So I'm rolling a downhill section when I notice I'm not really slowing down and a corner's coming up. So a grab a bunch of the front brake, but don't let up early enough to get some rolling grip back in the front and as I lean into the corner the front slides out, I go down like a sack of shit, and my head pings off the rock on the inside of the corner.

A hospital trip and a concussion test later I vow to never skimp on brake maintenance again.

And I need a new helmet.

Fuckwit.

slowmick

38-39"
Headed down to the trail on the weekend, and before the ride did a quick check of the bike. Rear brake was a bit spongy, but came good after a pump or two so I thought to myself I'd bleed it when I got back home.

Fuckwit.

So I'm rolling a downhill section when I notice I'm not really slowing down and a corner's coming up. So a grab a bunch of the front brake, but don't let up early enough to get some rolling grip back in the front and as I lean into the corner the front slides out, I go down like a sack of shit, and my head pings off the rock on the inside of the corner.

A hospital trip and a concussion test later I vow to never skimp on brake maintenance again.

And I need a new helmet.

Fuckwit.
well at least you're not too banged up to type about it. :thumb:

Last edited:

brados20

Likes Dirt
Was pretty excitied to ride a bunch of trails I have never ridden on the weekend. Plan was to meet my mate at 7am.
Drove 40 min to get there only to realise I left my helmet at home on the driveway. Hung around for half hour trying to find someone who had a spare lid they might sell me to no luck.
Ended up driving home and back which as around 1.5 hour trip just so I did not miss out on the ride. Happy to say it ended up being a cracker of a day!
Definately a fuck wit moment on my behalf!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I borrowed the front pads out of the hardtail to go on a trip with the duallie & forgot to replace them.

Sailing down the hill, no front brakes...start pumping the lever to suddenly remember that the pads are missing. Ended up nearly ejecting the pistons from the caliper...I had *some* braking from piston on disc

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I borrowed the front pads out of the hardtail to go on a trip with the duallie & forgot to replace them.

Sailing down the hill, no front brakes...start pumping the lever to suddenly remember that the pads are missing. Ended up nearly ejecting the pistons from the caliper...I had *some* braking from piston on disc
That is pretty funny.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Was pretty excitied to ride a bunch of trails I have never ridden on the weekend. Plan was to meet my mate at 7am.
Drove 40 min to get there only to realise I left my helmet at home on the driveway. Hung around for half hour trying to find someone who had a spare lid they might sell me to no luck.
Ended up driving home and back which as around 1.5 hour trip just so I did not miss out on the ride. Happy to say it ended up being a cracker of a day!
Definately a fuck wit moment on my behalf!
this is why i have a spare helmet, shoes and gloves that live in the car! there is usually a pair of socks or seven in there somewhere too.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
this is why i have a spare helmet, shoes and gloves that live in the car! there is usually a pair of socks or seven in there somewhere too.
Seven pairs, or seven random single socks? Mines the latter, in my sock drawer.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Fuckwit.

And I need a new helmet.

Fuckwit.

Both solid entries. Don't know who deserves fuckwit of the month.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fit new shimano brakes to friends bike today. Undo a lot of bolts and get the brake line nicely hidden away. Trim it down to a safe length. Bleed them up perfectly. Now they feel really nice.

Just potting around the house this evening. Remove the dirt wheels from my bike and put the street wheels on. Think to myself about how good my friend's new brake felt...how easy shimano bleeds are...figure my brake could easily be 15% better after a 5 minute squirt of oil. Yet somehow the brakes feel worse! Not only that but I also spilt about 25ml of oil on the kitchen floor and even managed to get some on my fairly new pads. Fuck me! Oh and now it has been 20 minutes of fucking around. Don't bleed your brakes after 10pm folks.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS

Impressive.... most impressive