Computer question: PDF's

Arete

Likes Dirt
So,
I'm attempting to fill out a grant application - the ONLY form provided is a write protected PDF (I already asked fro an editable one or a word doc and got told there wasn't one.).
I coped and pasted the text from the form into a word .doc and filled it out. Only now they want the form to be EXACTLY the same as it is in the PDF - including headers, formatting, logos etc.

Is there actually a way to do this or is this some secretary blowing smoke up my prosterior?

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Print it out and write it by hand? Lo-fi I know, but rates highly in the effort vs outcome analysis.

Don't be afraid to attach 'additional documentation' - might be a handy way around.

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
So,
I'm attempting to fill out a grant application - the ONLY form provided is a write protected PDF (I already asked fro an editable one or a word doc and got told there wasn't one.).
I coped and pasted the text from the form into a word .doc and filled it out. Only now they want the form to be EXACTLY the same as it is in the PDF - including headers, formatting, logos etc.

Is there actually a way to do this or is this some secretary blowing smoke up my prosterior?

It sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat reader. This is free to download and only alows you to read PDF files. In order to edit or create a PDF you need to buy the full program, not just the reader. If their so strict with the format then it may be the onlyway. Doing what you have done is the only real way around without buying it. Or a mate may have the full program? ive been stuck with this a few times. But ive had people to make the .pdfs for me.

Thats all i got.

scblack

Leucocholic
For some of the charities I do work with, we have to open a PDF document, fill it out electronically then print the result. Thats from the ATO website. So PDF documents can be available as editable format.

Do they just expect you to print out the document, then hand write your details/application?

What Wazza says sounds right, but how many people actually have the full Adobe program to edit stuff?

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
PDF's give a document security knowing the author is the only one that can alter it.
There are lots of free pdf writers around and some will convert to a word doc, albeit the ones I've used lack quality in the conversion process. Print, write data by hand then scan to pdf and send it on.