Club DH Runs Day 24 June

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Ha I even checked the calander for that date and I still got it wrong.

I've talked to Quintin, he is organising a bus for us, Just waiting for him to reply. And now I just realised I've given him the wrong date too.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Ok we can't get a bus for the 25 June. However I propose to move the runs day to the following weekend as there isn't any races that weekend.

At present I'm trying to get a bus for the 2 July. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Ok we're back on for the 25th. Quinitin hooked us up with a deal through avis. I will work out the exact cost in the next few days.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Yep AVIS. All of Thrifty's buses are booked out on that weekend and on the next weekend. Thrifty have a good relationship with avis so they organsied the bus through them.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Final Details for Runs Day at McFrenzy on the 25 June

Cost
$25 Full day
$15 Half Day

Start Times
Morning session: 9:00 AM rego for a 9:30 AM start
Afternoon session: 12:30 PM rego for a 1:00 PM start

Riding will finish around 4:30 - 5:00.

As for the bbq we're thinking of scrapping it this time. The main reason is the lack of light. By the time we've finished runs it will be dark. I'll reconsider if there is still strong support for the bbq and someone can actually provide the bbq.

MrPlow

TMBC
I will be there for the arvo session only.
No BBQ is fine, it is getting too cold anyway. Maybe a BBQ lunch might be the go? Might take up too much valuable riding time though:D

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The lunch BBQ could work but someone still needs to organise food and Bring a BBQ and someone then has to cook the meat. Unfortunately I will not be in town on Sunday so I can not lend a hand. If someone wanted to volunteer their time to this then maybe a lunch BBQ can still go ahead. Any takers?

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Greg you are volunteering your BBQ which is great but what we need is someone to cook the food. Are you keen to maybe get there a bit early and do this? If so you will need to organise enough meat and buns for 20 riders which by my count is about 4-5 sausages each rider and 2-3 buns per rider. If you are keen to do this I will reimburse you from the club and we can charge $4-5 per head for the BBQ to cover costs.

MrPlow

TMBC
I wouldn't mind but I have other commitments and couldn't get there any earlier than 11:30. I am also on my way to Brisbane tomorow.
So yeh, if someone else could get food? But to be honest I think we have left the BBQ idea a little late and it would be better if we left it for next time / discussed at next meeting.
If there were suitable interest I could buy the snags etc on saturday I suppose, but I won't be buying those highly flammable snags like last time :D

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
would it be possible for me to take a little more time if needed at lunch( round an hour or so)due to unfore seen family comitments. ???
or just do one session in stead of two which ever suits most.
cheers pete

Last edited: