Chicken Parmigiana

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gotta love them :)
So where abouts makes your favourite parma and why?
Ham or no ham?
my favourite parmas are at mrs parmas restaurant in melbourne and and the local Union hotel makes a pretty good one too.
Just thought there had to be others out there with the same appreciation for parma haha.

|Matt|

Banned
I am a connoisseur of Parmas. Where is this Mrs. Parma in Melbourne, I must try.

And its not a Parma without ham! Damn kids these days, can't handle their Parmas.

skivi

Likes Dirt
i used to go for $6 Parmas at the Rochester every weekend before a gig, they were so big id have to skip breakfast and lunch to fit one in. now the bands we used to go see as teens have died off and the Rochy has changed hands, i still make my own Parma's on special occasions. my recipe.

poppa_johns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best parma's are deffinatly at my work, gotta have the ham.. although bacon also adds a nice touch.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 for Parma's they're so good. Basically I like any good parm from any decent pub, nothing like a parm and a pot eh?

The Union's meals / parm's are alright, nothing special though.

|Matt|

Banned
+1 for Parma's they're so good. Basically I like any good parm from any decent pub, nothing like a parm and a pot eh?

The Union's meals / parm's are alright, nothing special though.
On ST Patricks Day, I was at a gig, which incidentally had a bar upstairs. We each had a pint and a parma each (the beer had green dye in it), best night ever. Ended up having 6 pints and 6 pots of Carlton Draught, couldn't bring myself to eat 6 parmas though (wasn't going for a 666 theme, it just ended up that I had 6 pints and 6 pots).

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
15 buck pot and parma at my local pub... decent sized parma with chips and salad... and a pot to wash it down... plus if you have a coupon you can get another pot for $1

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
I had 4 small homemade parmas yesterday for dinner with peas, corn and broccoli and had 1 medium parma for dinner tonight.

No Ham, But i do like them with ham just didn't have any on hand.

|Matt|

Banned
My band is playing in Albury next Friday, and then Bendigo the day after. We are all connoisseurs of Parmas. Where do we go...where DO we go?

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've tried a few different types, had tropical ones with bbq sauce and pineapple, meatball parmas, eggplant parmas (bet you didn't know parmas were originally made from eggplant not chicken lol), a parma from a restaurant in the US which was served atop spaghetti and had a sprinkly of cheese in the middle of the chicken and absolutely covered in napoli sauce, have parmas pretty much everywhere i go haha :)

Likes Dirt
The Grapes in ballarat, do a good $10 Mexican parma with salami and avocado , must have had over 50 over the years. ha ha . Also had a narcho parma the over day which was a bit diffrent....

Last edited:

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
best parma was ruby louge at highpoint, 6 bucks from 6 -7, 7 bucks from 7 - 8... took about 3 minutes to get on your table, and was so freaking good!!! even if they were 20, id still buy them they were that nice..

place around corner from me does 5.50 (5 30 - 6pm, same deal as ruby, up 50 every 30 minutes) parma's which go arlight, but they are to small and i have to buy two of them, for a whole 11 dollars!!

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
White Cockatoo, Petersham.
This isn't a Parma but they do all sorts of Schnitzel variations (Hawaiian, mushroom, carbonara, aussie etc). Check out the size of that meat!

:eek:

:cool:

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh yeah, my kind of topic. Whenever I eat at a new pub, I have to have the parma, it's what I judge the pub on.

It must have ham.

It must not have too much napoli.

It must be a fresh breast, not a pre-made frozen schnitzel that's been deep fried.

It must have mozzarella only.

If those four boxes are ticked, you're on a a winner.

Some of my favourite parmas were at;

The Combined clubs in Port Douglas (the view adds to the parma experience)

The Palmerston in South Melbourne (ticks all boxes, nice hand cut chips)

The Hart's Family Victoria Hotel Footscray (super value)

And many, many more. My local does a $12 parma which isn't bad, there's also another local place that claims to have 'the best parmas in the district' but doesn't even use ham FFS...

del

Likes Dirt
Every wednesday my girlfriend and whatever ones of our friends come along to debiers/avenue for $5 parmas and $7 jugs. Parmas arent excellent but they are really quite nice for the price especially, and you can eat and get sloshed for cheap

Hofbrahaus is nice, from memory.

Iv once made mini parmas using chicken nuggets, napoli sauce, cheese and ham...haha, went down okay actually.

EDIT: Theres a fairly expensive hotel that had a real nice parma, just cant remember the name...maybe the langham?

Last edited:

sam705

Likes Dirt
My band is playing in Albury next Friday, and then Bendigo the day after. We are all connoisseurs of Parmas. Where do we go...where DO we go?
Matt, I live in Wodonga, which is just across the river from Albury (10 minute drive).
Where are you playing/who with?

Definetly hit the Newmarket Hotel $10 Pot and Parmi. I haven't been there as of yet but a local went out on a task of finding the best Parmi and this was rated the best on the Border.

It is located near the Albury airport. Can give finer instructions if needed.

Last edited: