Cheap/Quality Ski Gear?

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
can anyone recommend any good online places to buy ski jackests/pants? or shops in sydney that are cheap/good to deal with? and the clothes dont look gay...

Thanks, Whitey

sendog

Likes Dirt
Probably not what you're after but aldi have a ski sale on atm.
In all truthfulness, the first snow jacket and pants i bought were from aldi. All the zips on the jacket broke but the pants were fine.
Though if you don't want your cool factor in the minus's, try ESS in Parra. I think they have a sale on at present. Or for online try sierra or backcountry.

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was actually pretty damn happy with the aldi snow pants. at 40 bucks the price is definitely right. as said, you might lose a few cool points but you will be $100+ up on everybody else at the bar at the end of the day and that is what really counts. they're also fairly neutral in style and colour, nobody will notice that they're not "cool", anybody who does is most likely a twat anyway.

dog boy

Likes Dirt

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sorry to be a bit of a thread-jacker but i have a prety simalar question.
Just wondering if any of you have looked at the jackets and pants at anaconda? im not sure if they are any good, im going snowboarding in a 2 months, or would i be better off with these:
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/Four-...rady-58948.asp
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/2009-...amin-56576.asp

they work out to be the equivilent price to anacond stuff when postage is taken into consideration.
Thats a pretty good site actually, some good brands too!

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
according to the aldi site it said that all the ski gear is going on sale tomorow (28th of may) until stock runs out.
pricing,
a pair of dacks is going to cost $49
a jacket is going to cost $80.
and a 2 piece suit (jacket and pants) $129

im going down straight after school.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
+1 torp7 ... I've been away from the sport awhile ... but I've never heard of any of the brands they have ... but all seem to be pretty well designed stuff.

alternatively

For clothes can't go past ebay

those blue ones from Hong Kong for $79 look like a bargain

If you find a gore tex mountaineering jacket let me know ... :)

edit ... just found my jacket

Last edited: