Chain reaction cycles

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Ahh bugger. Some of these tips would have been good a few weeks back. Ordered a few small things just to finish my build. Two sets of grips (one spare - would get local but not much range), and a stem. Was shipped on the 11th September still not here. At what point should it get followed up? I was going to give till the end of this week which is three weeks.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
yep, have been grabbing Hi5 for years, price is getting really cheap too. I find you can almost fit the contents of 2 drums into 1.
I use 3 different mixes too- 4+1, Extreme and regular ISO so often have A LOT of drink mix in the cupboard.....
Used to buy the smaller 600g drums of powerbar formula, used to get a free drink bottle each time to sweeten the deal.

Might give the 4:1 citrus a go next, the tropical flavor was a bit average and mixing it in was really poor.

Anyone tried any of the protein powders they sell?

Ahh bugger. Some of these tips would have been good a few weeks back. Ordered a few small things just to finish my build. Two sets of grips (one spare - would get local but not much range), and a stem. Was shipped on the 11th September still not here. At what point should it get followed up? I was going to give till the end of this week which is three weeks.
4 weeks is considered the time point it's gone missing, had quite a few things turn up late in the third week.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
4 weeks is considered the time point it's gone missing, had quite a few things turn up late in the third week.
was told 15 business days and you can put in a lost order form. mine turned up on the 16th day last time. just got my current order today, order was placed on the 15th so a little better than their recent average

Minlak

custom titis
Still waiting on my Express order it has been in Brisbane and had delivery organised and it cant seem to make it the 4hrs. no way of tracking it either.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
was told 15 business days and you can put in a lost order form. mine turned up on the 16th day last time. just got my current order today, order was placed on the 15th so a little better than their recent average
Had a parcel that went missing was told I had to wait the full 4 weeks before it was considered missing. They sent a replacement via DHL which I was happy with.

If it's via royal mail my average would be over 15 working days I think, seem to have really poor delivery times with them.

jameister

Likes Bikes
Most recent order came in today, XTR RD and XT chain, took advantage of the Shimano promotion so pretty happy. Spent more than i want to know with CRC over the years, happy every time. Ive bitten the bullet and will get DHL express shipping almost every time. Spread the cost over a few items and its cheap insurance. If anything, Auspost are the useless bunch. Every time, DHL gets the parcel to Australia within 2-3 days max. Once its handed to Auspost, f%&k knows how long it will take. Normally the CRC couriers handle the job, but last time it got give to Auspost in Adelaide. Took them 4 days to get the parcel less than 10km, where as DHL done 18000km in less than 3 days.

Only thing I'm finding with CRC is that its obvious they are selling a lot of surplus OEM parts from the factories, hence why no boxes etc. Not the biggest issue, but wasn't happy when my Revelation came in a destroyed flimsy cardboard box with no packaging, thankfully no damage. Just found a nick on my XTR RD, again its mainly me being OCD, but still annoying. But in the end, the prices make it worth it i suppose.
Second that regarding Aus Post. And coming from England I thought Royal Mail were bad, this doesn't even come close!

Aus Post don't even attempt to deliver the parcel as the lazy bastards just put a collection card in the letter box, Apparently this is down to sub contractors who clearly don't give a f$&k.

Paying for delivery through a reputable courier will almost guarantee a prompt efficient service plus the parcel can at least be tracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
Well my package that has been in Australia for 10 working days arrived today what a drama.
7:30 am get a phone call from Aus post "we have a package here with no shipping label are you sending it back or receiving it?".
I inform them I want it and ask why it took so long they of course no nothing but will deliver today. (no mention of an issue)
11:30am get a phone call from DHL(I had lodged missing package with CRC). "Hi we are ringing about the package we have launched an investigation"
I inform I have had a call from Aus Post and they are delivering it today. Cool she says (no mention of an issue)
1pm I go to work and collect the package (on holidays for the day snuck in a sly 4 day weekend when no one was looking) now there is an issue.
The package has been repacked by DHL due to liquid in the package. The package was signed for by work (not their fault its my package after all).
I open the package:-
1) The gloves are covered in Muc Off Bike Cleaner Concentrate (that's ok should wash out)
2) The packaging on the Hope Spacers and Seat Clamp are soaked (that's ok they are steel)
3) The bottle of Concentrate is missing around 200ml of fluid
4) The SKS Airchecker packaging is soaked its not a closed package and currently it doesn't turn on

I have sent an email again to CRC explain lack of express service / lack of full bottle of fluid / lack of working airchecker and the fact I just waited 4 weeks for a missing item from the last package I also paid express freight for.

Lets see what happens I guess.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I'm curious about this statement:

7:30 am get a phone call from Aus post "we have a package here with no shipping label are you sending it back or receiving it?".
What's this about?

Minlak

custom titis
I'm curious about this statement:

What's this about?
DHL tracking shows the package handed off for local delivery on Wednesday 24th September. I usually get these one maybe 2 days later and by mid this week I hadn't seen it. I contacted CRC who opened an investigation with DHL. I then got a call from an employee of Aus Post this morning asking if I wanted the package delivered or was it going back to DHL? I said well this is the missing package so I want it. I then asked why it took so long and she said there was no eparcel label on it and the package had been opened and it had ended up on her desk. I then asked again why it had been opened and she said oh it isn't open its all taped up. I then asked why it had taken so long and I could pretty much hear the shrug over the telephone line and lack of response. There was no mention of the dirty great DHL notice on the side that the package had been opened and inspected due to fluid.
IMG_0022.JPG

Oh I am annoyed but not really angry these things happen will patiently see what CRC does from here.

Minlak

custom titis
Well I heard no more from CRC regarding the email I sent over the issues with the order. So just placed my next order at Wiggle. Prices are comparable lets see how they go.

Well my package that has been in Australia for 10 working days arrived today what a drama.
I inform them I want it and ask why it took so long they of course no nothing but will deliver today. (no mention of an issue)
11:30am get a phone call from DHL(I had lodged missing package with CRC). "Hi we are ringing about the package we have launched an investigation"
I inform I have had a call from Aus Post and they are delivering it today. Cool she says (no mention of an issue)
1pm I go to work and collect the package (on holidays for the day snuck in a sly 4 day weekend when no one was looking) now there is an issue.
The package has been repacked by DHL due to liquid in the package. The package was signed for by work (not their fault its my package after all).
I open the package:-
1) The gloves are covered in Muc Off Bike Cleaner Concentrate (that's ok should wash out)
2) The packaging on the Hope Spacers and Seat Clamp are soaked (that's ok they are steel)
3) The bottle of Concentrate is missing around 200ml of fluid
4) The SKS Airchecker packaging is soaked its not a closed package and currently it doesn't turn on

I have sent an email again to CRC explain lack of express service / lack of full bottle of fluid / lack of working airchecker and the fact I just waited 4 weeks for a missing item from the last package I also paid express freight for.

Lets see what happens I guess.
DHL tracking shows the package handed off for local delivery on Wednesday 24th September. I usually get these one maybe 2 days later and by mid this week I hadn't seen it. I contacted CRC who opened an investigation with DHL. I then got a call from an employee of Aus Post this morning asking if I wanted the package delivered or was it going back to DHL? I said well this is the missing package so I want it. I then asked why it took so long and she said there was no eparcel label on it and the package had been opened and it had ended up on her desk. I then asked again why it had been opened and she said oh it isn't open its all taped up. I then asked why it had taken so long and I could pretty much hear the shrug over the telephone line and lack of response. There was no mention of the dirty great DHL notice on the side that the package had been opened and inspected due to fluid.
View attachment 299757

Oh I am annoyed but not really angry these things happen will patiently see what CRC does from here.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Approaching two weeks now for two separate orders.

I miss the good ole' days of 7 days delivery being the extreme end of the spectrum.

It's not all Auspost's fault, but my word they're a useless bunch of arsetards.

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
Oh My God... I have actually had a good experience with Auspost. Got home from work on Friday to a package on the doorstep, tucked in beside the wheelie bin so it wasn't obvious. Checked the mail and there is a parcel card... whats this, more presents!!
Off to the PO I go. When I get there I notice that the attempted delivery time on the card was only about 40 minutes ago. UH oh, I bet that I'll be told to bugger off, but seeing as I am here now I might as well see.
The girl behind the counter says not a problem, sometimes the contractors get back early so I'll just double check before you go. Wanders out the back, returns a few minutes later, sorry mate, he's not back yeee... hang on, I hear a van backing in, one sec.... yep, That's him now do you mind waiting while we get your package? 3 minutes later I have my package, then the contractor sticks his head around the corner and apologises for not leaving the package because it was a signature only package, and did I find the stuff beside the wheelie bin?
Still stunned....they actually cared that I got my stuff!!!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Oh My God... I have actually had a good experience with Auspost. Got home from work on Friday to a package on the doorstep, tucked in beside the wheelie bin so it wasn't obvious. Checked the mail and there is a parcel card... whats this, more presents!!
Off to the PO I go. When I get there I notice that the attempted delivery time on the card was only about 40 minutes ago. UH oh, I bet that I'll be told to bugger off, but seeing as I am here now I might as well see.
The girl behind the counter says not a problem, sometimes the contractors get back early so I'll just double check before you go. Wanders out the back, returns a few minutes later, sorry mate, he's not back yeee... hang on, I hear a van backing in, one sec.... yep, That's him now do you mind waiting while we get your package? 3 minutes later I have my package, then the contractor sticks his head around the corner and apologises for not leaving the package because it was a signature only package, and did I find the stuff beside the wheelie bin?
Still stunned....they actually cared that I got my stuff!!!
Then you woke up?