Castle hill ride

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
Here we go... Cheers to Hamish(BigHair) for writing this up:

When: 6:30am (tba) Sunday the 20th December
Where: Church Carpark at Brynhyfryd Park, Blackstone QLD 4306, Australia
Who: Anyone and everyone. But no-one under 7 cause that'd just be weird.
What to bring: Water, lots of water. It isn't easy to fill up a bottle out there, Personally I take a full camelbak and leave water in the car. If you are catching the train I recommend taking camelbak+bottles and leaving the bottles under bushes at the bottom of the track. Some food won't go astray if you like having a mid-ride snack. If people bring some tools/tubes that would be brilliant.

Last edited:

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i dunno, i think the 2 main runs are still there, i nkow half of the hill has been cleared, but no trails were on that side, i dunno about the table top tho

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
there was a lot of clearing up there but the 2 "dh" tracks are fine
and the 2 tracks that lead into the table top are fine/fixed up (pretty much all the tracks have been fix or not affected). If you hit the table top then turn left on the fireroad and follow that for a bit (200m or so) you should come to a big bowl on the left, last time i was there there was a nice hip jump leading into the bowl. (its a dam) i dont know if its still there as that was about a month ago.

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
sweet. oi mark your welcome to come. Even though you think its to hot:D
umm sometime next week? mabey Sunday or Monday idk

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there was a lot of clearing up there but the 2 "dh" tracks are fine
and the 2 tracks that lead into the table top are fine/fixed up (pretty much all the tracks have been fix or not affected). If you hit the table top then turn left on the fireroad and follow that for a bit (200m or so) you should come to a big bowl on the left, last time i was there there was a nice hip jump leading into the bowl. (its a dam) i dont know if its still there as that was about a month ago.
Viv already got it, but pretty much the dam was filled up with water and everything was washed into the middle. Sides are pretty rooted and the wall has heaps of cracks in it.

As to you guys organising the ride. Castle never became redundant for a ride. All that happened was the land owner made some roads. I've been going out there pretty much every day this week. My advice: Go really early and come home early. It's pushing 40 degrees every day this week.

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
mmmk sick. Well you wanna go out really early and ride 'till it gets hot like lunch time. Then while its to hot to ride go into Ipswitch and get food and when it cools down abit mosey back on out to Castle hill?:p Hopefully that table top down the bottom is still in good condish... fucking love that jump.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmmk sick. Well you wanna go out really early and ride 'till it gets hot like lunch time. Then while its to hot to ride go into Ipswitch and get food and when it cools down abit mosey back on out to Castle hill?:p Hopefully that table top down the bottom is still in good condish... fucking love that jump.
Table is better than ever, the lip was extended. There was a second table after it for a bit. But now it's become a strange lil step up into a road gap. I was getting out there at 6:30ish and coming home at about 9:30. Just sooo hot.

If you fellas go out friday I might tag along - if I have a bike.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yay

Table is better than ever, the lip was extended. There was a second table after it for a bit. But now it's become a strange lil step up into a road gap. I was getting out there at 6:30ish and coming home at about 9:30. Just sooo hot.

If you fellas go out friday I might tag along - if I have a bike.
im going with you hamish if i dont have work....

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fuck yeah! have one big ass train goin!

while were in ipswich, head down to the bmx track and hit some killer lines

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
sorry for double post, But im chasing a map that was kicking around here awhile ago it was of Castle hill and the trails and it had a little cartoon guy down the bottom corner and im pretty sure he was slaping out a fart:D Does anyone know what im talking about?

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sorry for double post, But im chasing a map that was kicking around here awhile ago it was of Castle hill and the trails and it had a little cartoon guy down the bottom corner and im pretty sure he was slaping out a fart:D Does anyone know what im talking about?
Yeah, it was drawn by Chris Sinclair. Rad dude who does a lot of track work out there. Doesn't really show everything out there. Honestly I wouldn't bother with it. It sounds like Nathan knows his way round. But really, there are two tracks, not that easy to get lost ;).

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
well i only really wanted it for the road name:eek: Can you tell me or pm me the name of that road that has the train crossing on it?

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alright. It is most likely I will have a bike on friday. I may leave early though for work if I'm called in ;)

Everyone cool to meet in the carpark next to the church? We'll have to set a time.