Car rental for mountain bikes

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Going away for a week and need to rent a vehicle. Anyone tell me if you can you get 2 duallies and a bit of gear in the back of an Outlander? Woohoo!

stirk

Burner
All the seats fold down in the back so would fit bikes, front wheels off I'd imagine, if you have kids strap them to the roof, bonus, you won't need to listen to the whining, 'are we there yet?' 'I'm hungry!' 'I'm thirsty!'

Actually just leave the kids at home.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Don't get a sedan, don't get a micro car. Corolla hatch with the seats down will do nicely.

stirk

Burner
Don't get a sedan, don't get a micro car. Corolla hatch with the seats down will do nicely.
He's looking at an outlander.
Outlander would be soooo much better than a corolla.

Why no megane in your recommendation?

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
if its just two of you see if they have an Xtrail on offer, I own one of the T31 models and the seats flow perfectly flat and have a plastic backing so no worries on getting stung with cleaning charges, I can fit me, my miss's or dog depends if she's in a mood, all my camping gear including 4m shelter, dual person swag, fridge, my bike and room to spare.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
He's looking at an outlander.
Outlander would be soooo much better than a corolla.

Why no megane in your recommendation?
Because I'm a tightarse, corrolas are cheaper to rent and it'll probably still fit. If money is no object, rent a tarrago.

A megane is a bit bigger and if the same price sure why not. Doubt you'll find one in a rental fleet.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Because I'm a tightarse, corrolas are cheaper to rent and it'll probably still fit. If money is no object, rent a tarrago.

A megane is a bit bigger and if the same price sure why not. Doubt you'll find one in a rental fleet.
Got to get bikes in bike carriers in there too I should have mentioned to start. But no Kids!!! Woohoo!
Just hired a Hiace van for about the same as a medium car anyway so everything will go in with space to spare for the esky.... Thanks boys

akashra

Eats Squid
I've had five bikes in the back of my Lancer. If you can't get two in the back of an Outlander then oy vey.