Camera Help

Mr jesus

Likes Dirt
I recently inherited (sp?) a SLR camera (Ricoh Kr-10 super) off my old man but the camera is slightly broken. I mean this by the trigger that you pull to reload (first word that i can think of) the film for another shot does not work. Meaning you pull it but it doesnt move the part inside the camera that moves the film up. Now i have not put film in the camera to see if its that but i highly doubt it is.

Now my question to you is, is this a simple fix that i can do my self or should i take it in to a camera store and also whats a good camera repair store in Melbourne?

Cheers in advance Max

P.S i ahve attached some pictures of the model in question and of the trigger i was talking about.

Attachments

zac

Likes Dirt
maybe the ratchet system is a bit worn out... here's a link to a user's manual but it doesn't really get into maintenance
http://www.timpaton.net/photo/ricoh/

i'd say probably take it in to get checked out at a camera shop though cause i don't really know how hard it is to do that sort of thing yourself

looseunit

Likes Dirt
The film winder may not be broken. On most film SLR there is a release button that is used to rewind the film, this button often stops the film winder from working. On cameras that have not been used for a while it can become sticky and stop the film winder from working.

Either way take it to a camera shop and they will be able to aleast have a look at it for you. If not to get a quote for a camera reapair is around $80 and with the resale value of most film camera it may not be worth getting repaired.