Building a house

redbruce

Eats Squid

Purchased a dangerous book. It's all about being an owner builder. I'm pretty sure we won't go that way but it should give me a little insight into what's involved in building a house.
Good times.
Junior is a Sparky apprentice and the company he works for often does work for one of the builders behind the scenes on the Block (but no more, he couldn't stomach the dodgy shit that gets done to complete on time).

Keith is apparently an interesting soul, and there is another foreman behind the scenes on the show that knows his stuff (and has good interpersonal skills).

Kieth it appears is also well "known" in the trade.

Hopefully something useful in his book.

Last edited:

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Junior is a Sparky apprentice and the company he works for often does work for one of the builders behind the scenes on the Block (but no more, he couldn't stomach the dodgy shit that gets done to complete on time).

Keith is apparently an interesting soul, and there is another foreman behind the scenes on the show that knows his stuff (and has good interpersonal skills).

Kieth it appears is also well "known" in the trade.

Hopefully something useful in his book.
I'd never buy one of the block units. Bodgy as.
Anyway the book does have a lot of useful info for numb nuts like me. I wouldn't know a batten from a noggin. I haven't read it all but it's got a lot of basic info like the difference between building on a slab or on stumps and different building and roofing materials. It's not about how to bang in nails or put up walls. It's more about the process of hiring the right people to do the work for you.