Boxxer team or super t?

looseunit

Likes Dirt
Having owned (2000 model) and ridden many pairs of boxxers every year, i dont think that I would ever buy another pair again. UNless they impove quaility and performance. The new boxxer are alot better perfomikng than the older models, rebound dampening that works without 30w oil. Pitty the did not change the seal design. As for weight the difference is so little that, if you pick up both model and hold them, you wont be able to tell the weight difference.

My vote is for the super t, lower maintence and far better perfomance. The super t along with many marzocchi forks needs very little or any tunning out of the box, compared that to a boxxer. The seals in a super will last longer than a month, the crowns wont crack and you dont have a glide rings to jam. The only advantage to a boxxer over a super t is tire clearance and the a proper 20mm axle.

toodles

Wheel size expert
j5ive said:
Or wait for 888s! Should be in the cournty soon (rep said 3 weeks about a week ago).
Anyone know the RRP in $AUS for this fork? And can the fender be removed or is it integral to the lower crown?

Oh and I'm pretty sure the Super Ts will require a lot less maintenance than the Boxxers. The seals on my (2 sets) of Marzocchi forks have never given me any hassle but my Boxxers need servicing every few months. Having said that - I use Boxxers on the DH bike because I prefer the action and nature of them at speed over the Marzocchis but that's personal preference. Might give the 888s a go though.....

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
toodles said:
Anyone know the RRP in $AUS for this fork? And can the fender be removed or is it integral to the lower crown?

Oh and I'm pretty sure the Super Ts will require a lot less maintenance than the Boxxers. The seals on my (2 sets) of Marzocchi forks have never given me any hassle but my Boxxers need servicing every few months. Having said that - I use Boxxers on the DH bike because I prefer the action and nature of them at speed over the Marzocchis but that's personal preference. Might give the 888s a go though.....
The fender is an optional extra. They can keep it.

They should be around $1800 Canadian, so about $928346236598 Australian :lol: . With shipping and taxes about $2500.

They should be available in October :p

They should make Boxxers feel like the crap they are now and always have been. I had a 2000, and a 2002 Tinitride and now that I have a Shiver I will never buy rock shox again.

Jaanos

Likes Dirt
I dont own a boxxer but I have ridden 3 sets of teams and a set of world cups that are far from good! something is going wrong with the rebound valving and rockshox cant even fix it! some work fine tho so its a bit of a luck thing! Personally I'd go the marzocchi's til rs get their shit sorted!

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I own a 02 Super, it's agreat fork. B-Star on here had a Boxxer Team and wasn't too impressed with it. Nice and stiff but a very basic damper. For the slight difference in stiffness i'd take the better damped fork anyday.

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
Simo said:
from my limited experience super t's.

I havent riden many but at a skatepark and in the city the other day i rode bikes with each and i personally prefered super t's for that short period of time.
A skatepark sounds like a pretty interesting way to test big-travel forks. You must've gotten a *cough* great feel for them :mrgreen: heheh, soz.... I haven't even ridden either fork, but I just felt like being a smartarse.

bazza

look at me
go the super t's simply because im sick of the boxxers which are everyyyywhere!!!! damn the gay grey!! go the super ts they look mad and should perform even better. 2500 for 888!!!! ahh thats a bit but oh well. shouldnt be too bad.

dick

Likes Dirt
jayboy882003 said:
Super T's look phat and beastly! but the Boxxers a kinda swish too! i would say Super T O_O
yeh defininately get super t's because jay thinks they look cool. but then again, the boxxers look swish which means they are a good fork too.
jay, ur full of it.

dick

Likes Dirt
brad_ac2 said:
i would say the super T's. they look sick and they are a beefy fork
yeh they do look cool, which means they are heaps better than the boxxers. like socket said, dont comment unless uve riddenthem.

chandler_mate

Likes Dirt
super t or boxxers

super Ts are siiik
more adjustable and there smoother
you should change the stock springs if you get 03 ones unless you weigh 20kg or something
boxxers are alright, nothing special though

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my boxxers are alright but compared to the feel of shivers, they got nothing! Boxxers are a great "race" for because they are light but, that is about all they got going for them compared to other forks I have felt. If you are looking at a team, save your money and eithe rget a super t or, get a race and get a mojo (the new dampning has to be better than the current one) or if romic ever decides to put there boxxer kit into production...
I bought my boxxers with plan on upgradeing the internals to romic but I ain't holding my breath for them to come out.

dazonic

Likes Dirt
the fact that ratio of people that have said "errrr i HATE marzocchi!!" to "i HATE rockshox!!" is like 0:2000, would make my choice for me.

PS- i HATE rockshox!!

dazonic

Likes Dirt
the fact that ratio of people that have said "errrr i HATE marzocchi!!" to "i HATE rockshox!!" is like 0:2000, would make my choice for me.

PS- i HATE rockshox!!

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Me too! :)

It started with a Jett C that was to get 55mm of travel back in 99 or so, it got about 25 mm and bottomed hashly. After that, 100 mm judies that got 80 if you were lucky and pogoed like fug. next was 02 judy xcs, 100mm yet? nah not even close.

In 1999 I got a marzocchi DH3 which was manufactured in 96. This fork kicked the arse of any rock shock I had owned. I also used the fork for 3 years and still felt content with it.

In the end- Just Make sure you get to ride a rs before you buy one.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Me too! :)

It started with a Jett C that was to get 55mm of travel back in 99 or so, it got about 25 mm and bottomed hashly. After that, 100 mm judies that got 80 if you were lucky and pogoed like fug. next was 02 judy xcs, 100mm yet? nah not even close.

In 1999 I got a marzocchi DH3 which was manufactured in 96. This fork kicked the arse of any rock shock I had owned. I also used the fork for 3 years and still felt content with it.

In the end- Just Make sure you get to ride a rs before you buy one.