Boxxer team or super t?

spiked

Likes Bikes
Hey guys i have an 03 stinky which i want to upgrade to make it versatile for freeride and downhill and iam considering either boxxer teams or the super t's(Both 03 models).What do u guys think,i can get both for the same discounted price.Im leaning towards the supers at the moment but would like to know other peoples opinion!What do u think?

dazonic

Likes Dirt
boxxer teams vs. super t

I have never ridden super t's, but i've ridden junior t's and boxxer teams, and i'd even go juniors over the teams. This is me though, many won't agree. I didn't like.

Damo

Likes Dirt
tough call. A lot of people here are going to say Maz SuperT for reliability and lack of plastic parts, but on the other hand a lot will say Boxxer teams will perform better.

i like the boxxers personally

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
boxxer teams have my vote... saying junior t's are better is almost criminal.

S.

ex offender
I prefer the Super T's, I definitely prefer my 02 Super T's over the Boxxer Teams I've ridden.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Super T's!

I have 03 jrts and dazonic has Boxxer teams and we both agree the jrt is a better for for allot of stuff- especially at half the price.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I do notice the spiking that people refer to about jrts. But supers dont have this problem. I'd definatly go them. Or wait for 888s! Should be in the cournty soon (rep said 3 weeks about a week ago).

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For DH i would say the Boxxers as they are a lighter and fork and are made more for racing. For FR the Supers would brobably be a strounger more reliable for than the Boxxers.

dannyboy

Likes Bikes
T's or Boxxers

I know they are not as pricey and adjustable as Super T's or Team but the Boxxer race is a good fork. I have them on my 2001 Stinky and am well happy with them. I wanted Dual crown that would suit my bike and pocket. Depends how much you want to spend and how you ride your bike. To be honest ( i can see a poll coming) i'd like to see exactly how many of your average Joes ( me included ) actually know how to tune they're forks and how many actually do , racers aside. I tend to leave be once set up but thats me , apart from maybe a few twists on the rear if i'm on concrete. Any ho , later and good luck!

Dan

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
from my limited experience super t's.

I havent riden many but at a skatepark and in the city the other day i rode bikes with each and i personally prefered super t's for that short period of time.

Darkness

Rotting Corpse Films
i'm runnin supert's at the moment (the name says it all) but i aint happy with em' i'd go for the boxxers m8.

G

spiked said:
Hey guys i have an 03 stinky which i want to upgrade to make it versatile for freeride and downhill and iam considering either boxxer teams or the super t's(Both 03 models).What do u guys think,i can get both for the same discounted price.Im leaning towards the supers at the moment but would like to know other peoples opinion!What do u think?
i was wundering if seeiong that u are looking at upgrading the front weather or not u have done n e thing to the rear or not?

And with ur fork choice........ DH with Boxxer and FR with Bomber thats their areas of expertice and i rekon the choice is up to u and wot u realy want to do on ur bike, after all u are the one who is gona ride it and every one has a different perception of how a fork performs for there particular riding style.

S.

ex offender
supertpoweredshore said:
i'm runnin supert's at the moment (the name says it all) but i aint happy with em' i'd go for the boxxers m8.
What's wrong with your Supers?

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
ok something that no one has said yet. the distance between the stantions! the boxxers have more which will allow for tighter turning. but marz have rectfied this on the dc dropoff and 888 but i dont think they have on the jr t and super.

nick

S.

ex offender
nicklouse said:
ok something that no one has said yet. the distance between the stantions! the boxxers have more which will allow for tighter turning. but marz have rectfied this on the dc dropoff and 888 but i dont think they have on the jr t and super.

nick
Offset has as much, or more to do with it.... of which Boxxers have very little. My Super T's have a noticeably better turning radius than the Boxxers I've ridden.

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
when i was looking at some supers i was comparing the stantions but to be honest i did not think about the offset but i did not really looking for it.

nice one Socket

nick