Bowden Spur Kinglake - The rebuilding of a new legal DH riding facility.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I'm up for doing anything to help, happy to dig anytime.

Hux is an expert :) Let me know Wisey I'm keen as to see Kinglake goin' off

Jake:)

big geoff

Likes Dirt
awsome work Bubbles... i mean Wisey its good to see that sometimes your not just banging your head against a brick wall when it comes to parks and local council. perseverence pays off!

carpo

Likes Bikes
cant wait till building starts i live not far from there so i would love to come to a build day . i have ridden the track a few times and it would become a killer track with a bit of work done on it cant wait

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No more news, hard to get things done this time of year. Just thought this should go back to the top.

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
hey Matty let me know if your having a dig day i'll come down and lend a hand,

the only person working on the track at the moment is the wombat in hte middle of the second berm at the top section, he keeps topping up the middle part with dirt haha,, good on him

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
hey sorry to dig up this old thread and i know this is very insignificant in comparison to the destruction in kinglake but has anyone been to the track? did it get destroyed by the fires?

Lube

Likes Dirt
Yes. I haven't seen it but it apparently did burn, and I sure woulnd't doubt it with how the rest of the town fared.

This thread will still go somewhere, just most likely not as quick as some would hope.

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
yeah that sucks, i mean who cares about a mountain bike track when ppls lives were ruined, but regardless still a shame, i enjoyed that track

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I have heard from a mate in the area that the track is still there. Obviously there are probably gonna be fallen trees on it and there's bound to be some damage.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
As soon as it's safe and the roads are open to all, someone will go up and check it out. This forum will be informed.

Timbot

Likes Dirt
I have heard from a mate in the area that the track is still there. Obviously there are probably gonna be fallen trees on it and there's bound to be some damage.
The track is obviously will still be there in one shape or form.Even if we were to clear the trees off it and clear the debree off it in order to ride it this would not be furthering the cause.This area needs to regenerate and the more we leave nature to its own devices the quicker we are going to be able to start a proper and professional rebuild..Wisey and myself have invested alot of time in trying to bring this project to fruition but unfortunatly we with be waiting a great deal longer due to this tragic event..

Last edited:

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys

Has anyone been up to Kinglake since the fires? Is the track still there? Still rideable? I've put off heading up there almost out of respect but was interested in heading up...

spadam

Likes Bikes
Update.

The top section is fine. The mid section of the track has been eroded away or bulldosed into, leaving some pretty nasty ruts and drops to flat. I haven't ventured to the very bottom section.

I really hope that the track can be legally rebuilt asap. It would mean only increased business for the shops in the area and should be able to help the community. We all love kinglake MTBers, road riders etc. all used to ride there every day. We should help it get back to normal.

Wisey do you have any input from your progress/no progress?

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all
I went for a look without a bike today at the top section and it looked really well maintained. Has anyone been doing any building? Is the track ridable and shuttleable?

Timbot

Likes Dirt
The top section is fine. The mid section of the track has been eroded away or bulldosed into, leaving some pretty nasty ruts and drops to flat. I haven't ventured to the very bottom section.

I really hope that the track can be legally rebuilt asap. It would mean only increased business for the shops in the area and should be able to help the community. We all love kinglake MTBers, road riders etc. all used to ride there every day. We should help it get back to normal.

Wisey do you have any input from your progress/no progress?
The middle section has had several massive water bars installed to try and correct the massive erosion issues on the 4x4 track that runs parallel to the power lines.in regards to having the track rebuild ,wisey and myself are still in the planning phase of the rebuild which is on the near horizon.Things are definatly moving forward with the necessary infrastucture and parks support.A digging start date is not to far away.Stay tuned for more......

Ok i know its not Kinglake but what about the DH track nearby at Granton? Is that still there?
I believe Granton is still "officially" offline due to the shuttle road being closed by the managing state department post the fires of last summer.

Narby is working again- big props to the red dread mountain beast and trail smurfs who've been giving the old girl some TLC.