Body Image

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTR said:
Gutty, I have clarified myself several times. Obviously when i wrote my profile i just wrote it straight out.
well if it takes a whole thread having a go at you to realise your errors them i'm glad i posted, and i'm glad for all the others that did too.

maybe in future you could have a think about all the other people in this world BEFORE you shoot your mouth off.

Know that if any other person made that some comment i would have replied just the same.

lata
Matt

SPOON

Likes Dirt
Man this is one hell of a long thread!
Anyhow, my thoughts.
If you're fat,(and not already doing this) you might like to diet a bit, exercise more regularly, eat more healthy foods rather than junk food.
If that doesn't work then i guess it's too bad and you're stuck w/ the fat gene from inheretance. The only option left would be realism, rather than idealism. in other words, realise that you are fat, learn to live w/ it and stop dreaming that one day you'll be thin. Or get some surgery if you really are that fussed about it.

I know i inherited the slim gene from my dad so i'll have a very minute chance of getting fat. :p

danv

Likes Dirt
luckyphil said:
danvitme said:
luckyphil said:
scrap public health care, make everyone have private health insurance!
go communism!
LOL dumbass
communism = state control (eg. governemnt healthcare)
capitalism = private enterprise (eg. Insurance company)
more pointing to the fact that communist countries dont have government healthcare :wink:
huh? So what do they have?
or are you talking wierdo psyco communist examples like North Korea? (who probably wouldn't have health care for some saddistic/economic reason or whatever.)

I'm pretty sure gov. health care is a part of communist theory.

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
dude, pretty much all communist states are fucken psycho's like North Korea (the gov't, not people), and i'm pretty sure Stalin didnt give a fuck if u broke ur arm, he was to busy deliberating holding stock to starve people. c buddy? your not the only one who've read a text book in your life, so why not get off your high horse and go get a sense of humour.

danv

Likes Dirt
luckyphil said:
dude, pretty much all communist states are fucken psycho's like North Korea (the gov't, not people), and i'm pretty sure Stalin didnt give a fuck if u broke ur arm, he was to busy deliberating holding stock to starve people. c buddy? your not the only one who've read a text book in your life, so why not get off your high horse and go get a sense of humour.
Im not on any fucken high horse how'd you figure that?

I'm just curious because i still don't understand what you meant. Gov. controlled stuff is part of communism, so i'm just wondering why you say that communist countries don't have health care? I mean I really don't know wether they do or not, i'm asking you.

And how the fuck is communism and health care funny?

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
because in general communist gov'ts dont give fuckall about the general populations state of health as the majority of communist countries in the world are poor, over-crowded shithouses. the only totalitarian state to ever suceed has coincidely been the smallest country in the world: the vatican.

basically man, u wanna talk history, pay me $20 and i'll tutor you, otherwise, stop pickin details and get back to the topic, bagging fat and skinny dudes :lol:

bazza

look at me
ellemenophee said:
In reference to a cold can lead to serious weight gains or loss of performance & motivation. That can be true to some degree.
For example:

Basically a Pro athlete has 5 times the amount of blood networking( capillaries) per square cm than the weekend warrior. If that athlete were to get sick or break a leg or be laid up at home & require a sedentary period of up to 14 days it would take another 76 days to regain similar performance levels to the day b4 they got the bad virus or the reason for them being sedentary. So a 90 day turn around. Proven.

Obviously there would be a lack of motivation to overcome regarding the comeback too. Disappointment due to such a set back is understandable. CAn you see why almost every pro athlete takes all types of vitamins & minerals now. Legal types.

A persons weight will never be a governing factor to their contribution to society . Thank God. Communities need all the help they can get.
in relation to sports injuries did anyone watch the soccer thing on sbs not long ago about a spanish club that has its own lab set up and everything where they do all kinds of test on players and experiment with all kinds of new medicines and stuff with them. apprarently it works because they dropped there injuries by a huge amount since implementing it.

S.

ex offender
luckyphil said:
Zooke said:
some way. Not only musscluar, but your heart isn't ready for it either.
LOL!! THAT'S FANTASTIC!!! u know everything right? pity the heart IS a muscle!
Take it easy. There's a difference between "cardiac" fitness and being able to lift heavy loads (or so I'm led to believe).

wombat

Lives in a hole
Reading Gutty's post I was reminded of a question I have, so this goes out to all those with some background in fitness training/medicine.
We all know that being extremely underweight or overweight is a major health problem. On top of that though, being moderately overweight can lead to heart problems, blood pressure etc.
So what about people who are moderately underweight? The "skinny" guys don't fit into the ideal weight range either, so what health risks do they face due to their mass, or lack of.

Oh, something else. I get to spend a fair amount of time at two businesses, a bike shop and a toy shop. One thing I have noticed in my time there with the kids I see (I'm talking say 7-18) is that the kids who are regular customers in the toy shop (Warhammer stuff is the big seller) are much more likely to be overweight than the regular customers I get buying bike stuff. The majority of all customers are pretty average but quite a number of the hobby enthusiasts are what you would call overweight. I could count the number young, overweight regular customers I see on one hand.
This is by no means a real study, just something I've noticed.

Zooke

Likes Bikes
S. said:
luckyphil said:
Zooke said:
some way. Not only musscluar, but your heart isn't ready for it either.
LOL!! THAT'S FANTASTIC!!! u know everything right? pity the heart IS a muscle!
Take it easy. There's a difference between "cardiac" fitness and being able to lift heavy loads (or so I'm led to believe).
Thank you S. generally when you talk about a a muscular injury your not talking about the heart. More straining or pulling a muscle. whereas when you talk about the heart your talking about the persons cardiac fitness, like S. said.

Plow King

Little bit.
Thought I'd dig this up, has afew 'interesting' points in it.

Have any of your points changed or do most of you still stick to the 'Get skinny you lazy prick' thesis.

Welcome to new ideas, points and members too.

Chris

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Nothing really to add to the issue but I have a question...

Is it possible that I could be kind of slightly fat/chubby when I'm...

Height: 167cm
Weight: 53kgs
BMI: 18.9

I've been around that weight for years, I don't remember being under 50 or over 55.

I have no idea but like my stomach,arms and legs seems kind of a little fat?

No way could you be fat dude!
I don't mean fully fat man!

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I Don't like people who are fat, and then complain that there fat whilst sitting on their arse eatting donuts.

So yes, i believe being fat is lazy and not a good thing but this is my own personal opinion, it kinda leaves a bad image similar to that of yellow teeth from smoking. I also dislike the opposite though, people who don't eat properly and a super skinny/boney and want to lose more weight.

But my view on fat people is only for those who eat more then the usual 3 times a day of big homecooked meals, if someone is obese from eating lollies and junkfood all day, then i dont like it.

EDIT: Venciferus, how could you be fat? i'm 175cm 86kgs and im not "fat". theres a difference between "fat" and not being "toned"

Last edited:

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Fair enough if the person has a genetic disorder or a disease which prevents weight loss. They are in no position to fix it.

But my grandfather is a doctor and he was had endless patients come in and complain that his weight loss advice hasn't worked and no matter how many diets or excercise plans they follow they don't lose any weight. His reply to these people sums it up perfectly.

Grandfather: "have you ever seen a fat prisoner of war"
Patient: "Uh, no"
Grandfather: "So it can be done"

$tanker$

Likes Dirt
my best mate is over weight. but he plays more sport than me always eats healthy and is always active no matter what. yet still over weight not his fault the rest of his family are over weight too and there all the same as him. its some times in peoples genes.