body art -my branding

road warrior

Likes Dirt
I got a branding done about a week ago. I decided I would post a pic of it because it's pretty bad ass. Anyone else got any body art done? I have a few tatts...as I have posted on here before. Anyone else got something like this though?

This is the Dark Riders symbol.
It was also done pretty professional.
There is even video footage of this, and can be seen in my movie 'conquest' which comes out early next year.

RCOH

Eats Squid
Fuck me. That looks really good, a lot better than the (few) brandings I have seen. Props to you, they really hurt.

How was it done?

I saw a video of my friend in NZ branding one of his friends with a spiral design on the nape of his back. They got 2 people to hold his sholders & arms down, & my friend sat on his lower back & just pressed a red hot piece of spring steel into him. Fuck it looked painful, & judging by the look on his face & the reaction of his body, it was.

I dig tattoos ( i have some) but branding isn't for me.

edit: Make sure you you keep it clean/look after it properly. The alternative is not pretty & will ruin the design & could kill you.

FuTAnT

Likes Dirt
I got a piercing (would have more, but Reserves prevents me), but don't think I'd ever go for the branding. Something about the smell of my own flesh burning just doesn't appeal to me.

Good on ya for getting done though, I'm all for expression.

road warrior

Likes Dirt
It was done with a soldering iron. Similar to how you would do a tattoo. The outline was drawn on with a pen and then the soldering iron went around it and burnt it into my skin.

Yeh I have been taking care of it fairly well. If it get's even slightly bad I will go to a doc and get some antibiotics or something.

Davf

Likes Dirt
Looks painful, especially when done slowly with a soldering iron :shock: That is definitely not my kinda thing. Any chances of putting up a still from the movie of you in pain, to scare the kiddies? :wink:

Dhfactory

Likes Dirt
Yeah i have to say the burning skin smell is kinda was off putting.
But it's turning out ok. btw i hope u know ur crazy ;)

-Sean

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Well done! (no pun intended... :wink: )
I was very interested in body art/modification when I was living back in Whistler (about 8-9 years ago?).

I tried a lot of stuff, tattoos and a lot of piercing, but two areas that I always meant to get into, but never eventuated, was branding and scarification.

I was actually considering scarification before branding, simply because it seemed the furthest out there... But much respect to you for showing action, not words!

I do have to say though, like my tattoos and piercings, I would have had the branding/scarification done by a specialty boutique. The idea of using a soldering iron in somebody's house.... brrrrr! :shock:

For everyone else wanting to depart a little from society, a fantastic book to read, if you can find/get it, is "Modern Primitives" by ReSearch books. It talks about all aspects of body art/modification as well as spirtual/religious implications (as used in many cultures). Good reading for people who take this subject seriously...

Arete

Likes Dirt
I have multiple piercings and a few tats. I am also a member of a suspension crew and have pierced professionally in the past.
Brands. I considered one but they tend to heal unevenly if not done exactly right. I have decided on getting some subdermal implants done when I get the money to go to Spain to get them done.

BTW yours looks like it's been done a bit too shallow to kelloid properly. After it "explodes" (you'll know what I mean when it happens)If you scrub the brand as often as you can stand with a new sterile toothbrush you'll have a better chance of kelloiding.

Here's some of my ink work.

SOB

Likes Bikes
Of all the dumb arse shit that you can get done to yourself, I think that this is up there with the worst of them. What could make you want to do this to yourself? This is only my opinion and I am not trying to upset anyone but I really do want to know why anyone would do such a thing?

Most people try to avoid scars let alone walk the path of self mutilation.

Also, what is/are the ‘Dark Riders’?

road warrior

Likes Dirt
do you say the same thing to people with tatts? Tatts are scars, scarism in a very subtle form. I wanted to do something that would separate me from other people. Anyone can get a tattoo...it's just a form of proving how much commitment you have to something. To me it's my shield "Armour on my left arm Armour on my chest". The fact that you are disgusted/scared at the thought of getting one makes it even better for me. I'm proud to bare my scars, scars are like trophies to show how much bad ass shit you have done in your life. That's my theory, you don't need to agree anyway....you aren't me, and you are not like me.

Dark Riders, is Dark Riders....if you don't know don't ask.

Chin Nuts

Likes Dirt
SOB said:
Of all the dumb arse shit that you can get done to yourself, I think that this is up there with the worst of them. What could make you want to do this to yourself? This is only my opinion and I am not trying to upset anyone but I really do want to know why anyone would do such a thing?

Most people try to avoid scars let alone walk the path of self mutilation.

Also, what is/are the ‘Dark Riders’?

If you have to ask, you'll never know......

Dhfactory

Likes Dirt
I cleaned the soldering iron for him before he did it.

BTW yours looks like it's been done a bit too shallow to kelloid properly. After it "explodes"
He's done it before and his last one exploded, looks sweet now.
I think this one will be the same, it was pretty deep.

-Sean

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
I agree fully with Road Warrior.

I got into it because I wanted to separate myself from the rest of society. The homogenized, "safe", "don't rock the boat", follow-the-herd, sheep-like masses that are the typical person you see everyday. (That's one of the reasons why I own a nice car, but I never drive it unless I have a need for it, and I choose to cycle over 40km to and from work everyday. But I'm getting OT here...).

I dislike most of the modern society I see everyday, for more reasons than I care to explain right now, so it makes me feel better to get further away from your "version" of reality.

However, I can't leave society to the point of becoming a pariah, since I'm not ready to become a hermit in the mountains (yet ;)), so I do what I can to separate myself from society in a way that will still let me interact with it on a normal, unassuming level. Body modification is great for this! You can do stuff to yourself that only YOU (and maybe your doctor and partner) can know about.

Another nice thing about body modification is that lots of people talk about it... very few actually do it. Or the heavy stuff at least... Heck, look at stick-on tattoos or body painting! LOL!

SOB, I'm glad you feel the way you do! I encourage it! It reinforces the great feeling I get from my piercings and tattoos.

Anyway... that's my little blurb on the subject.

Oh... and the endorphin rush from the pain is a bit of a kick, too!

SOB

Likes Bikes
Yeah i do say the same about tatts.

I am not trying to be like you. If i was you i would understand your opinion and wouldnt have to ask why you had it done. I am not disgusted/ scared but just dumbfounded. I am just broadening my horizons a little and getting a new understanding of things.

And yes scars are like trophies and show what you have been through, but a brand is not a scar. Scars are a non-intentional result of actions. A ‘brand’ is not a trophy and therefore does not justify your previous argument. However I dont know what Dark Riders is and therefore dont know its relevance to the whole situation.

Good luck with the Kelloid. (I dont know what that is either but sounds important).

road warrior

Likes Dirt
ok fair enough.
Well the idea of my brand being a trophy is directly related to what Dark Riders is. SO that sorta explains that.
IF you don't dig tatts then I don't think I really need to field those sorts of questions. You either get it or you don't.

I think Techno described it all pretty well, but it's just a form of expression in the end. For me it's about stories. In 50-60 years I want to remember who I was, and what I was. I will look at my tatts and my brand and say "ohh yeh, that's right...damn I was cool". Hopefully 50 years from now you will say "I remember this idiot got a brand...." that would rule even more.
anyway, blah blah blah

SNYKE

Likes Dirt
Seriously man you branded yourself with a soldering iron. That's psycho, seems more like something you would do to torture someone, not something you would do for fun, unless your a real hard ass.