Blue nurses jumps ASHGROVE Brisbane Qld

Bikenerd

cunning linguist
Hey Guys, I don't want to put a downer on the awesome potential of the situation but there are some things that need to be said here.
The same company built a pump track and mini jump line in Northbridge, Sydney that didn't really turn out as the user group wanted.
This was largely due to the fact that the builders had never built a pump track before and didn't really know what they were doing. The jumps were also dangerous as they didn't follow IMBA guidelines (or common sense) for jump spacing and size. The pump track was difficult to get through for beginners/intermediate and had no start ramp or berm at the finish start area - just a flat bank. Both the jumps and the pumptrack had to be completely overhauled.
If there are any elite/experienced riders or builders that live up there and use the jumps I strongly recommend that you go along and dig as you'll probably find that the people in charge have never built a facility like this before.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying that it won't turn out to be an awesome facility, I'm just sharing my disappointing experience in the hope that it makes a difference.

Last edited:

trailblazinBros

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys, I don't want to put a downer on the awesome potential of the situation but there are some things that need to be said here.
The same company built a pump track and mini jump line in Northbridge, Sydney that didn't really turn out as the user group wanted.
This was largely due to the fact that the builders had never built a pump track before and didn't really know what they were doing. The jumps were also dangerous as they didn't follow IMBA guidelines (or common sense) for jump spacing and size. The pump track was difficult to get through for beginners/intermediate and had no start ramp or berm at the finish start area - just a flat bank. Both the jumps and the pumptrack had to be completely overhauled.
If there are any elite/experienced riders or builders that live up there and use the jumps I strongly recommend that you go along and dig as you'll probably find that the people in charge have never built a facility like this before.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying that it won't turn out to be an awesome facility, I'm just sharing my disappointing experience in the hope that it makes a difference.
the amount of work that was accomplished at northbridge within the window of time (9 days) allowed was phenomenal... These projects are an evolving thing... The bones for that facility were laid down with the intention of improvent and modification.. I believe that the riders that use that facility are very happy with the final outcome...(after a few tweeks and small mods) more that can be said for other projects like the seaforth jumps which looks amazing but will anyone ever be actually to ride it...or will it ever even open.??

We intend to go in... work hard... and provide an outcome that is a massive improvement on the existing park. All I can say is those who helped to build Northbridge are aware of the monumental effort put in by the trailblazinbros and have credit and respect for how hard we worked to upgrade that facility...

At the end of the day the important thing is that councils are coming to the party on providing and upgrading these facilities... Instead of pointing out a few small weeknesses we as riders should be focused on getting out of this opportunity (and other projects) as much as is possible.

Brisbane city council also want this project pushed over in a very small window of time... let us focus on cramming as much through this window as possible....with the intention of ongoing modifactions and improvents as time and riders progress.

Bikenerd

cunning linguist
the amount of work that was accomplished at northbridge within the window of time (9 days) allowed was phenomenal... These projects are an evolving thing... The bones for that facility were laid down with the intention of improvent and modification.. I believe that the riders that use that facility are very happy with the final outcome...(after a few tweeks and small mods) more that can be said for other projects like the seaforth jumps which looks amazing but will anyone ever be actually to ride it...or will it ever even open.??

We intend to go in... work hard... and provide an outcome that is a massive improvement on the existing park. All I can say is those who helped to build Northbridge are aware of the monumental effort put in by the trailblazinbros and have credit and respect for how hard we worked to upgrade that facility...

At the end of the day the important thing is that councils are coming to the party on providing and upgrading these facilities... Instead of pointing out a few small weeknesses we as riders should be focused on getting out of this opportunity (and other projects) as much as is possible.

Brisbane city council also want this project pushed over in a very small window of time... let us focus on cramming as much through this window as possible....with the intention of ongoing modifactions and improvents as time and riders progress.
I not going to contest how much effort went into Northbridge. I also don't know about Seaforth, but someone else built that so it's not a relevant point. If Seaforth is shit and those guys were in Brisbane doing the Ashgrove jumps it would be in my interest to let people know the situation as well.
I heard you guys had never built a pumptrack before Northbridge and it shows. Considering how bad the original outcome at Northbridge was - it wasn't even functional for some riders to get back up one of the lines to the start - I'm wondering what's going to happen when dirt jumps are on the menu and the same people with absolutely NO EXPERIENCE building dirt jumps are behind the steering wheel?

timmy0081

Likes Dirt
hey guys i've seen some photos on the ashgrove cycles facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000421244080&ref=ts

looking farking sick!

Was just wondering when you think it'll be open to the public? From past council affiliated jobs i was sceptical about the effort that would be going into it.

Really excited to see these running again but make sure you provide jump sets for all riding levels. I'm not saying just make jumps for the groms, but make some decent sets for the advanced dirt jumpers who will want to return and put effort into the trails. If you can do that you'll see a lot of local dirt jumpers with the expertice for maintaining dj's opting to put time into maintaining your work, rather than their secret set on illegal land around the corner.

Looking great though!

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
. If you can do that you'll see a lot of local dirt jumpers with the expertice for maintaining dj's opting to put time into maintaining your work, rather than their secret set on illegal land around the corner.
Looking great though!
Well played mr abbott.
It is looking like quite the improvement over the old nurses though, very keen to see how it turns out!

I not going to contest how much effort went into Northbridge. I also don't know about Seaforth, but someone else built that so it's not a relevant point. If Seaforth is shit and those guys were in Brisbane doing the Ashgrove jumps it would be in my interest to let people know the situation as well.
I heard you guys had never built a pumptrack before Northbridge and it shows. Considering how bad the original outcome at Northbridge was - it wasn't even functional for some riders to get back up one of the lines to the start - I'm wondering what's going to happen when dirt jumps are on the menu and the same people with absolutely NO EXPERIENCE building dirt jumps are behind the steering wheel?
heavy criticism here... don't know if trailblazin crew are paid for their work... even so.. timeframes often predict the first product on show.. lighten up dickhead , unless you put your hand up and fork out the 50k plus to get a half decent 8 pack, be glad there is a crew who get it started...

safetysam

Likes Bikes
if you're scared of it don't ride there. there have been alot of people planning this project for some time and this crew have been appointed to the task with confidence. there's no way it could turn out any worse than the jumps already were. there is plenty of local riders providing their input in to ensure its going to run well. if you think you can do a better job get on the end of a shovel or keep quiet.

timmy0081

Likes Dirt
went and had a look at the work yesterday morning. Yep its looking great and the big berms looks awesome, but definitely not liking the current state of the BIG dogs. You've made them smaller if anything and the first one looks really badly thought out. If you're needing to get around council restrictions, MAKE THEM STEP UPS. You will have to make them longer and bigger but step ups without bomb holes in between aren't going to kill any children.

thinking cap on boys, if you don't do it someone else will...but that'd suck because it'd probably be me.

taitt

Likes Dirt
went and had a look at the work yesterday morning. Yep its looking great and the big berms looks awesome, but definitely not liking the current state of the BIG dogs. You've made them smaller if anything and the first one looks really badly thought out. If you're needing to get around council restrictions, MAKE THEM STEP UPS. You will have to make them longer and bigger but step ups without bomb holes in between aren't going to kill any children.

thinking cap on boys, if you don't do it someone else will...but that'd suck because it'd probably be me.
I'll partake in some of that step-up action. How long til kickoff you think?

timmy0081

Likes Dirt
I'll partake in some of that step-up action. How long til kickoff you think?
excellent :). Well it looks like they've got eveything in place...even starting to plant some pretty plants on the side of some of the jumps. cute!

I'd say by weekend would can expect to be open.

Northbridge Pump track

Hey All, would just like to throw my two cents in to the ring I personally now how much effort went into the track at Northbridge. I can tell you that most of the critism that is levelled at the trail blazin brothers should more than likely be levelled at the majority of the volunteers that whilst meaning well, had little experience in building this type of facility. I am aware also that whilst it takes a little time for this type of trail to ride in or show the changes that need to be made an awful lot of changes that really dont benefit this track have been done since and not by the Brothers. The Amount of work, and the limited time and budget laid out a great basis for future changes to allow this track to work quite well. Whilst maybe not everyone would agree I believe that if you are willing to critise without being willing to dig and do something about it yourself then you really should just bite your tongue as it takes an incredible amount of time and effort to get even the raw bones of a project like this in place.
So put up or shut up!

Last edited:

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt

I was out there yesterday having a chat to a few boys testing the track out (apologies if you were one of them).

Apparently the flagged features still require tweaking, so there's the chance that they'll get bigger before they're done.

trailblazinBros

Likes Dirt
ashgrove Sunset park

The park is almost complete.However it will remain fenced off for two weeks... please respect this and allow the tracks to settle.
The big Dogs are bigger than they used to be... in height length and width
Please show respect and stay off the trails untill the fence is removed.
Pump and Jump comp being held on 19th June

DH - racer

Likes Dirt
The park is almost complete.However it will remain fenced off for two weeks... please respect this and allow the tracks to settle.
solid effort, i might go have look soon

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could you update when you have more info, such as entry cost etc?