Blue nurses jumps ASHGROVE Brisbane Qld

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
also if you need help digging let me know... i live about 15mins away and would like to lend a hand if possible

trailblazinBros

Likes Dirt
Nice concept, how does it drain? Also which way is it suposed to be ridden
the whole park will be made convex so it will drain to the edges...
as for directions... its a playground ...use your imagination and make your own lines...

Anyone who wants to help out next week give us a call on 0433304133

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So who said yes to this proposal? and for that matter who proposed it in the first place?

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
That looks so cool!!! Would love to hav a playground like that :p
Question- what program did you use to make the track?

rsquared

Likes Dirt
That looks so cool!!! Would love to hav a playground like that :p
Question- what program did you use to make the track?
Second that. Has this been council approved? Just don't want to go building stuff to have it bulldozed. Where is all the dirt coming from because there's not much out there at the moment plus is there any sort of irrigation or water source to tap into out there as that is a hell of a lot of building/shaping which is gonna need some sort of hosing to help bed it in.

Very keen for this tho, and would be keen to come out and help dig. More details please!

trailblazinBros

Likes Dirt
second that. Has this been council approved? Just don't want to go building stuff to have it bulldozed. Where is all the dirt coming from because there's not much out there at the moment plus is there any sort of irrigation or water source to tap into out there as that is a hell of a lot of building/shaping which is gonna need some sort of hosing to help bed it in.

Very keen for this tho, and would be keen to come out and help dig. More details please!
yes its council approved

yes it will happen

yes we have water

yes we have dirt

yes we have it under control

yes we put forth the proposal

yes it is long overdue that bris vegas had somewhere to play.

I have not time for silly questions for i will not have internet for the next few weeks as i will be too busy busting my hump to make this happen...

Attachments

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So who said yes to this proposal? and for that matter who proposed it in the first place?
And on that point, who appointed you fun police?
Think he'd be stupid enough to plan and post an illegal track on a huge community like this?

Best of luck to you mate looks awesome!

rsquared

Likes Dirt
Think he'd be stupid enough to plan and post an illegal track on a huge community like this?

Yeah, because over exaggerated, unapproved riders dreams never get posted on Farkin hey mate. Did you know a chair lift is being installed on Mt Cootha and all trails there will soon be legalised DH tracks? I heard it from a mate who's Dad owns a chair so it must be true.

In all seriousness, it's awesome news for Brisbane and Ashgrove. Was just chasing some more details. Sounds like you will be flat out getting it done. I'm sure there will be plenty of people, me included, happy to help dig if you put dig day details. many hands make light work.

Awesome work mate for getting this through.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Due to the informal and uninformative nature of his first post, questions like those do jump to mind...

Its somewhat surprising that a council located in SEQ has allowed something to progress in MTB; contrary to most other governing bodies.

Last edited:

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Due to the informal and uninformative nature of his first post, questions like those do jump to mind...

Its somewhat surprising that a council located in SEQ has allowed something to progress in MTB; contrary to most other governing bodies.
The big difference is this is an old land fill site not a "conservation area". I did hear about a proposal for this redevelopement ages ago but it went all quiet and I assumed it did not go anywhere. I think the local councillor Geraldine Knapp deserves some kudos not Captn Quirk for supporting this also biggest props go to the riders who lobbied for it.

murphy13

Likes Dirt
this looks like a mission, a good mission. i am happy to help build, these jumps have needed a proper build for a long time.
looking forward to this!
is the building starting this weekend?