Big swell at avoca.

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks sick! im spewin i was meant to come up to newcastle to see my brother, but hes got the flu,arghhh. Reckon this swell will get to sydney???

cheers mike

freeride_sweet

Likes Dirt
i remember one of those freak days at jan juc in vic, got to 3.5 meters and only one day, but i got f***ed up though, it was still fun

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
looks awesome, love the photo's. What size swell does avoca normally get.. how abnormal was this?

maca192

Likes Dirt
nth avoca usually gets pretty big, this day was after a big storm. and the day after this was the same size but so much cleaner.

zids

Likes Dirt
MTB Maniac said:
looks awesome, love the photo's. What size swell does avoca normally get.. how abnormal was this?
the last two times ive been up to avoca (usually alte january), hte swell has been reasonably big, teh first time 3-5ft throughout the week, and the second 4-6ft for 4 days, and then dying off to flat, i ifnd thats its a great beach that tends to get bigger swell than the ones down here in sydney, and when its too big/rough or crowded, mac's point is the way to go!

brusier

Likes Dirt
yeah these photos were taken at nth avoca. i recon that nth Avoca has better surf and less packed. South Avoca is way to packed.

slo

Likes Dirt
what is that gimp in the third photo doing... is he pulling straight into a little wedge:(

I_am

Likes Bikes
Get ready boys aswell down in Sydney, its sposed to hit us late sunday and stay right through till monday.. yeeew

swellnet.com said:
Not much for the weekend (small and OK early Sat, building w'swell Sun), but we have plenty of action on the way from late Sun onwards - Mon is looking big and punchy from the south

Last edited:

zids

Likes Dirt
today was alright, i was out at dy, and find the onshore to be far to strong, and it was a bit messy, though there were soem nice sets rolling in.

berkyburger123

Likes Dirt
chandler_mate said:
8 foot my ass, looks good though
I'm with chandler, that last one was barely pushing five, unless the guy there was a behemoth.

Anyway thats great, that unridden wave (#2) does look big, but I have nothing to compare it to.

I hope that swell does reach sydney

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it really depends how you measure the waves but IMO that is easily an 8' face, which is how i prefer to measure waves, since nobody rides the back of the wave anyway ;)

berkyburger123

Likes Dirt
villy said:
Yea no way its 8 foot from the back. maybe the face is but no where near 8 foot.
Now thats more like 8 foot.
Agreed, that looks a lot like winki (sydney, not victoria) Is it?

Correct me if I am completely wrong. By the way did you actually surf this swell? It looks like it could be great fun. (general thread, not villy)

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no pics bu warriewood was awesome this morning, when i woke at 530ish to go for a ride it was choppy as all shit but when i got back at 8 it was absolutley perfect, roughly 6ft

villy

Likes Dirt
berkyburger123 said:
Agreed, that looks a lot like winki (sydney, not victoria) Is it?

Correct me if I am completely wrong. By the way did you actually surf this swell? It looks like it could be great fun. (general thread, not villy)
Not quiet just round the point its deadmans(in manly) and i belive the surfer is kelly slater.