Best Sore Throat Remedies

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One just started to form yesterday and I am very prone to them.

Let's hear some of your best ways of killing it off!

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bottle or three of perrier sparkling mineral water, i shit you not. This tip was passed on to me by some gendarmerie's in west africa. Whatever the french put in it, it has a good hit/miss rate. Probably just the low ph of the stuff?

0psi

Eats Squid
You'll think I've played a horrible trick on you but this.

Lemon
Honey
Garlic
Ginger
Cayenne pepper

With hot water. Works every time and I've grown to quite like the taste.

Hew

Likes Dirt
You'll think I've played a horrible trick on you but this.
0psi is right.

Stick with honey and either garlic/ginger/onion. If you put slices of onion in a bowl of honey a thin liquid will form on the top after a few hours, drink that and it soothes the throat. :)

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
As soon as you realise you are getting a sore throat gargle betadine and water, or listerine, whatever is going to kill bacteria. Cepacaine will kill bacteria and also numb whatever in you mouth it touches. Repeat gargle a few times a day. If it develops into an incessant, dry cough use a mix of honey, glycerin and lemon. Google for ratios.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
tequila. Scotch is too smooth. Tequila has the savage, bloody minded aggression needed to drive bacteria away.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I get really bad sore throats quite often. I find that the best thing that works for me is: Difflam Forte Anti-Inflammatory Throat Spray.
Having a 1yr old = lack of sleep. Lack of sleep = constantly run down with sore throat. Sore throat + Difflam = Riding on the weekend.
That or down a bottle of voddy. Fixes everything. Except for riding on the weekend.
Job Done.

Reece_STP2

Likes Bikes
Another vote for the Difflam spray! I've been combining that with the Difflam lozengers, paracetamol & ibuprofen. Works a treat!

4dabush

Likes Dirt
Gargle with warm strong salt water. Do it as often as you like. Gargle aspirin (if you can take it, and aren't on other meds) and then hold the mix in the back of your throat as long as possible and swallow the lot very slowly (lay down on the bed so you can really hold it on the back of your throat)... Also another +1 for Difflam, their lozenges with anesthetic help at bedtime.