Best motor ever produced?

NCR600

Likes Dirt
^^^

Bloody Nuts!

I've watched Marcus DeCaux very gingerly ride his TZ750 road racer around the final turn at Oran Park in the wet then wheelspin the thing nearly to the start line!

I can't even beging to imagine what it would be like on the dirt. Kenny Roberts reckoned they didn't pay him enough to ride that thing.

moorey

call me Mia
This thread couldn't have gone further off track, and away from it's intention, if I had planned it to:eek:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Oh well.

Hopefully you've got what you wanted from it with the to be expected responses about big blocks, small blocks, hemis, RJ20's, 2JZ's, 13B's and everything else.

No doubt (unless it dies) the thread will continue on diverging from your original query and looking at other interesting aspects of motive power.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Oh well.

Hopefully you've got what you wanted from it with the to be expected responses about big blocks, small blocks, hemis, RJ20's, 2JZ's, 13B's and everything else.

No doubt (unless it dies) the thread will continue on diverging from your original query and looking at other interesting aspects of motive power.
Cue the jet engines.

This bad boy powered the SR - 71 Blackbird and was a hybrid turbo-ramjet design. I think the SR 71 still holds the air speed record to this day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_&_Whitney_J58

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Cue the jet engines...

This bad boy powered the SR - 71 Blackbird and was a hybrid turbo-ramjet design. I think the SR 71 still holds the air speed record to this day.
You're an evil evil man...

Wanna see one wiv its clothes off? Man I love that variable position nose cone on the intake

Last edited:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Don't you know it.

Do you seriously have one of those at work, or are the photos from a trip to the States?

Any nominations for favourite commercial turbofans? I would nominate the Trent family from Rolls Royce. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Trent
Not one of ours, that one is at the San Diego Air and Space Museum. Not in a public access area I'm afraid.

Duxford has one on display but it's minus the adjustable nose schnozzle.

Last edited: