Best ever movie soundtrack

John U

MTB Precision
What's your favorite movie soundtrack?

When I was buying a fair bit of new music soundtracks regularly exposed me to new bands.

There are heaps of good ones.

I'll start it off with Trainspotting. Some great tunes in that one.

dunndog

Eats Squid
2 of my favourites of all time were Demon Knight, and when the whole rap/metal crossover thing was a brand new concept, the Judgement Night soundtrack.
Man, showing my age now!!
More recently, Driver had a pretty sweet soundtrack.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I am listening to it on ABC Classic FM as I type.

Close encounters of the third kind. John Williams. Tune in now for the John Williams orchestral concert mashup. It's unreal.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
2 of my favourites of all time were Demon Knight, and when the whole rap/metal crossover thing was a brand new concept, the Judgement Night soundtrack.
Man, showing my age now!!
More recently, Driver had a pretty sweet soundtrack.
Judgement Night was one of the first ones I thought of too!

Other top soundtracks are:

Pulp Fiction
Trainspotting
Human Traffic
Local Hero
Tron Legacy
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
Highlander (an entire earth where everybody listens to nothing but Queen! Even back in the 18th century!)
Pi
Heat

Side Note: Do you know what's funny? As I type this 'shuffle' has just fired up Kenny Loggins' 'Highway to the Danger Zone' from Top Gun!

Platoon
Natural Born Killers
Easy Rider
The Beach
Vanilla Sky
I'd love to say Apocalypse Now but it cuts too much off the Doors classic "The End". Dammit!

And purely for the theme tunes:
Das Boot
The Dambusters
688 Squadron
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The Great Escape
Bridge on the River Kwai
Enter the Dragon
Bullitt

I can't choose a favourite so I'm going to go all hipster and say the best soundtrack I've ever heard was Asian Dub Foundation doing a live soundtrack to classic french film 'La Haine' at a screening in the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. Shame the twats who organised it screwed it up by using white subtitles for the film. It's in black and white ferf***'s sake. Couldn't understand a damn thing!

moorey

call me Mia
Why does someone have to go and list every possible response early on, rather than their 'favorite"?

Showing my age, but Rocky 4 was and is a classic, but for the hard rock win, 'trick or treat' with music by Fastway :fear:

Matt H

Eats Squid
The Proposition had a pretty amazing soundtrack, but considering nick cave's involvement that's not really a surprise.

+1 for human traffic as well.

[video=youtube;_xo_OZ4Wa9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xo_OZ4Wa9E[/video]

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
2 Words

Kill Bill - best EVER - particularly on Blue Ray with massive base at full blast!

Really pisses the neighbours off!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Jurassic Park and Star Wars have the magic touch of John Williams as composer.