Best brass section ever

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
:p
Just so the guitarists don't hog all the spot light.

Um...

The Saints: Know your product.

Can't think of any others:D

Pete J

loves his dog
Miles Davis all the way!
You could name almost any of his tracks and they'd still be winners.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
:p
Just so the guitarists don't hog all the spot light.

Um...

The Saints: Know your product.

Can't think of any others:D
Arh yes, and a great example of a low budget film clip too. An iconic Australian song imo.

Gaye Bikers on Acid horns in Git UP/Git Down
Swervedriver in Never Lose That Feeling/Never Learn. The sax still gives me goosebumps
Tijuana Big Brass Band circa 1960

Last edited:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Yeah it is infectious...
I inherited a bunch of their vinyl, and a heap of German imitiators.

For some reason that style of thing was popular enough in Germany to spawn a rash of 2nd rate imitators. Kind of odd to see the album covers with a bunch of very German looking blokes dressed up as mexicans!

StormFire

Likes Dirt
John Coltrane!
Dick Parry... Sax for Pink Flloyd...:rolleyes: sooo smooth.
since when was the sax considered a part of the brass section ?

If you're talking bout classic brass, you cant go past songs like lullaby in birdland, or some of the old swing classics like louie louie or caravan, made famous by your old school groups like duke ellington and count basie and the like, which granted still contain a fair bit of your sax and the like, but are made by the brass section

mtb1611

Seymour
Ska Flames (late 80's Jap ska band)
Hunters and Collectors
The Specials (live, with Rico etc)
The Beat (go Saxa!)

zac

Likes Dirt
I can't quite remember whether its actually all brass, but the wind solo in gunners' move to the city gets my vote :)

projectsplat

The film guy
the brass section that played on Curtis Mayfield's "Move on up" - subsequently ripped off by Kanye West for his track "Touch the sky".

mtb1611

Seymour
since when was the sax considered a part of the brass section ?

If you're talking bout classic brass, you cant go past songs like lullaby in birdland, or some of the old swing classics like louie louie or caravan, made famous by your old school groups like duke ellington and count basie and the like, which granted still contain a fair bit of your sax and the like, but are made by the brass section
Look out everyone, musical snob! Technically you're right because it's a woodwind instrument but which other section of a band could you slot it into? Better get emailing and tell all thos ebands with saxophinists that they have a woodwind section!

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
If we're going sax then My Favorite Things: Coltrane and Cry Me a River: Dexter Gordon.
Brass "section" wise you can't go past the Stax session band (pretty much all of the Blues Brothers Band and Booker T and the MG's). Damn they were tight, but when it was a case of being tight or being out...

Sic

Likes Dirt
Ill second the Voodoo Glow Skulls, pretty much a speed metal horns section and they can do it live.

Buttts

Likes Dirt
Ska is where it's at.

Reel big fish(punk/Ska band)-'take on me'

download it. it's da bomb.
little johny christmas:D

is it just a good sectional sound or someone going crazy on a solo with a brass instrument? because i have more. just wanting to clarify.

sam B