Best Bike Shops in Melbourne

orco

Likes Bikes
I have found BSC to be great if your looking a good deal...however the bike assembly and bike service/repair thereafter is sh#tful. Once they sell a bike, they couldnt care a less after that. On more than one occassion, I have left my bike with them for a service within the 12 month warranty only to find one week later they didnt touch it. Not even greased the chain...

I really dont know anywhere to go in Melbourne where the service is great and they take the time to service and tune the bike to the individual needs of the rider.

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
I really dont know anywhere to go in Melbourne where the service is great and they take the time to service and tune the bike to the individual needs of the rider.
me too, where is a place that offers good service at a decent price?
Any suggestions?

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
yes i know but they do sound expensive:eek: is this the normal price for a full bike rebuild though, i just brought the bike with a service which said it had
headset checked
Adjustment of the brakes
replaced cranks
and now i nedd a full bike rebuild?

S!C!E!R!

Banned
yes i know but they do sound expensive:eek: is this the normal price for a full bike rebuild though, i just brought the bike with a service which said it had
headset checked
Adjustment of the brakes
replaced cranks
and now i nedd a full bike rebuild?
Learn to do repairs yourself ;) ...

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
Great and Honest Servicing

Learn to do repairs yourself ;) ...
i am just your average rider:D i dont know really how to tighten spokes.
in the end i have taken it to Ross at IRIDE which seem to have a great bike store, which also seem not too overpiced:eek: like some other stores around melbournes east;)

patto94

Likes Dirt
Brunswick Street Cycles which is also yarra valley cycles (just a diffrent location), great people and always give you a great deal!!

go to brunswick street cycles. They have three stores i think, one is in brunswick, one is in greensborough (162 para road greensborough) and im not sure where the other one is.
But i go to greensborough and they are nice and trusworthy to me but i know a couple of guys there and theyre the ones who fix my bike.

Nathan_

Likes Dirt
ive recently just got into the sport, and the boys down @ bicycle recycle in morrabbin know there stuff and good on prices/services

they have rebuilt by current kona stinky with no hassles :)

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
ive recently just got into the sport, and the boys down @ bicycle recycle in morrabbin know there stuff and good on prices/services

they have rebuilt by current kona stinky with no hassles :)
if you dont mind me asking, how much was the rebuild?

SteveG

Likes Bikes
I've used cycle science in Mitcham a few times and they ahve been good, also heard good things about the bike shop in Montmarency

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pinnacle Cycles in Ringwood, off Heatherdale Rd (right near the Heaterdale station). I've only been there a few times now, and I won't be going anywhere else. Been extremely helpful, eg i've bought a part with something wrong with it, replaces it straight away with many many apologies.

Thats my 0.01cents not including GST.