Best Bike Shops in Melbourne

alr2582

Cannon Fodder
Hi All,

Just wondering what the best bike shops are in Melbourne please? I'm coming down for the Formula 1 and thought i'd have a look for a new All Mountain Bike.
Would like to chat to a sales assistant that actually knows what they are talking about while also being able to physically ride and look at bikes in person.

Thanks in advance.

indica

Serial flasher
If you post this in the general section , you may get some more interest.
Also check out the sponsors section for some deals and shops.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dude, check out iRide bikes on King street in the city. They've got some great Commencals at the moment and Ross is a good bloke. :cool:

Stacks!

Likes Dirt
Cycle Science in mitcham has a 2008 Trek Fuel EX 8 in the store for demo riding atm. I rode it myself and its a bloody ripper. Only store i know that has one as a demo that i know of...

478 Whitehorese Rd -- mitcham(near ringwood)

S!C!E!R!

Banned
VicMTB

1351 Burke Rd
East Kew
VIC
Australia 3102

Check it out on www.vicmtb.com.au
I <3 VicMTB

Great guys...

Talk to David espicially...

They also have a great range of high end XC/AM bikes...

Cycle Science in mitcham has a 2008 Trek Fuel EX 8 in the store for demo riding atm. I rode it myself and its a bloody ripper. Only store i know that has one as a demo that i know of...

478 Whitehorese Rd -- mitcham(near ringwood)
Going by your name I should wonder if you are actually Cycle Science's Farkin account???

shredder dj

Likes Dirt
Yeah check out Yarra Valley Cycles in the sponsors section, run by good blokes and always have a good range of products, just got some Commencals in.

akashra

Eats Squid
I'm obligated to say BikeNow... but you'll have the advantage of being so close you'll be able to hear the cars from the store (hell, you'll be so close to the track you'll probably even be able to hear the celebrity challenge cars, whatever they decide to use this year).
If you speak to Tim there, he should take care of things.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brunswick Street Cycles which is also yarra valley cycles (just a diffrent location), great people and always give you a great deal!!

deaks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brunswick Street Cycles which is also yarra valley cycles (just a diffrent location), great people and always give you a great deal!!
brunswick street is also greensborough cycles. i think you got confused?

i dont really know though

met0001

Likes Bikes
Dose anyone know a place in melbourne
were they both stock giant and ironhorse bikes
because i'm eager to test ride a glory and a sunday :D
or close to one and other.

cheers

STP112

Likes Dirt
I <3 VicMTB

Great guys...

Talk to David espicially...

They also have a great range of high end XC/AM bikes...

Going by your name I should wonder if you are actually Cycle Science's Farkin account???
Bahahahah are you serious?
Vic mtb is gay! bunch of arrogant wankers. Bullshit expensive prices 2.
look at the thread about them on melbourneriders and then you will see how nice they are

komponent

Likes Dirt
iridebikes.com in CBD are mint! sell iron horse/commencal. Great little shop!

vicmtb have a awesome shop and offer a good service, though there prices fail terribly :(

bsc - never liked em, pricey and imo are prissy bastards

bikepro.com.au - No showing off here. Though they tend sell more road than mtb's these days, they still have great mechanics, and offer a overall top service. Highly recommended!

thats my 2 cents

S!C!E!R!

Banned
Bahahahah are you serious?
Vic mtb is gay! bunch of arrogant wankers. Bullshit expensive prices 2.
look at the thread about them on melbourneriders and then you will see how nice they are
Stfu Jamie ... You're the one riding a CRACKED STP frame ;) ...

JOHNSMITH

Banned
VIC MTB are........ (you know what)

Yarra Valley are run by full on..........'s who think they must live in wonderland on a world cup track.

Streamline are ok if you dont get scared of grumpy old men. good service.

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
wish i read this before i went there (vicmtb), cheaked my bike crank bolt, next thing i no i am getting a full stip down service , 80 an hour min 3 hours?:eek: