best australian mtb rag

Hud

Likes Dirt
Enduro is the best IMO. MBA is a bit too beginner based. Which is okay in itself. AMB's reviews and articles lack detail and are written like an excited school kid is the reviewer.
Enduro has got the mix right in every aspect. I'm liking the fact that I have picked it up and read a few articles and I still have a lot more to go.

Bodin

GMBC
AMB is written by 10 year old's judging by all of the spelling and grammatical mistakes.
You idiot. :p There is no apostrophe in the word "olds" in the context that you've used it.

Always check your spelling and grammar if you're going to criticise others.

749dark

Likes Dirt
You idiot. :p There is no apostrophe in the word "olds" in the context that you've used it.

Always check your spelling and grammar if you're going to criticise others.
I did it deliberately to see someone would pick it up.

Baz rides

Likes Bikes
Yep, Enduro is definitely a top read. I guess it's only downfall is that it is a discipline specific mag, but at the same time that's why I buy it. Even back when it was on the cheaper stock it came across as a much better quality publication than the rest. I'm a particular fan of the way they tend to have all the race reports written by people who rode in the events so you know they're not just rehashing a press release.

Mountain Biking Australia is also good, but as someone's already mentioned, perhaps a little bit beginner biased.

AMB lost me when they started giving every Giant they tested a 10/10. Also seems to cater for the young kids more so with all it's "extreme" content.

Pussa

Likes Bikes
+1 for Enduro but I read all MTB mags as I'm still hungry for information etc. being still only fairly new to the sport.

Hud

Likes Dirt
As for the discipline specific factor that's a good thing. I'm into xc. A lot of people are probably into only one. Or they prefer one much more than the other. For me a mag that has a leg in each camp means only half of the content interests me. Which means I don't buy the mag.

Bodin

GMBC
I did it deliberately to see someone would pick it up.
So you're not an idiot. But I'm still a spelling and grammar nazi and the only Oz MTB rag that gets my stamp of approval on that topic is MBA. John seems to actually proof read the content that goes in there and it's the only mag I've ever subscribed to.

For content and general "feel", though, I really like Freewheel and Enduro. I still buy AMB because it's another mag full of pretty MTB pictures that I can lust over.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
So you're not an idiot. But I'm still a spelling and grammar nazi and the only Oz MTB rag that gets my stamp of approval on that topic is MBA. John seems to actually proof read the content that goes in there and it's the only mag I've ever subscribed to.

For content and general "feel", though, I really like Freewheel and Enduro. I still buy AMB because it's another mag full of pretty MTB pictures that I can lust over.
I'm the same, freewheel is great when i can get it!....also MBUK from the u.k. and mountain bike action from the u.s.,oh and dirt gets a good run even though i dont own and probably never will a downhill bike!..good reading though!

Bodin

GMBC
and mountain bike action from the u.s.
Bwa hah! You mean the monthly Specialized catalogue? I'm a Specialized fan boy, so it doesn't bother me too much and I buy it most months, but if you weren't a fan, it would get pretty annoying...

749dark

Likes Dirt

Abit of sarcasm is always fun :)
I agree, MTB and Enduro are great magazines.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Bwa hah! You mean the monthly Specialized catalogue? I'm a Specialized fan boy, so it doesn't bother me too much and I buy it most months, but if you weren't a fan, it would get pretty annoying...
he he he exactly, me be a bit the same!!..I wondered why i like that magazine so much, it's not richie cunningham's witty style, now that you have identified it, it's the big S that i like so much!

chumbox

Likes Bikes
Australia's MTB market even thought growing will probably never be big enough to support an array of magazine's on specified styles. This is why most bigger mags are kind of 'all-rounders'. Not bad though as it's good to learn what's going on in all genres.

For me it's
1.MBA
2.Go overseas (Dirtrag)
3.AMB

PrOd

Likes Dirt
Where is freewheel supposed to fit into the scheme of things (given that it is the same publisher as Enduro and Willo is involved)? I didn't even know of it until I was given a free copy of it when I subscribed to Enduro...