Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
I sent them to my brother in N Ireland, thats why I did a big order, he sent them to me for a few pounds. Their shipping was ridiculous if I remember right.

A couple of mates got some of them too, didn't get any feedback from them.

Ive been buying sets of Shimano pads from Bike24 (non finned) for 5 euros a pop, they fit my roadie, 4 of my MTB's and both my boys bikes. Do the fins on shimano pads do much for regular trail riding ??? Would maybe buy them if I was riding DH or had a trip planned to do the 21 Tour de France climbs/descents, but 5 euro sets of organic GENUINE Shimano pads are going great.

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=142731;menu=1000,4,170
Went to order 6 sets...their €20 flat shipping fucked it up. Nope. Just. Nope.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Went to order 6 sets...their €20 flat shipping fucked it up. Nope. Just. Nope.
Yes, but they have shit loads of other stuff cheap... chains, grips, tubeless valves and sealant, rotors, spokes ect... wait till you need some other stuff and suck up the €20 or get a few mates that need the pads and split the postage.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A roadie mate from work went to a LBS a few months back to buy 2 new sets of pads for - flat mount road (its a roadie term), $44 each... I gave him 2 of the standard K02S, then he clubbed in on the next buy postage and ordered himself 8 sets, with 2 replacements for me.

moorey

call me Mia
If anyone else is ordering from there, I'll combine order and share some shipping. I know they still work out miles cheaper than local...but...just...can't....stomach...$30 post....on...pads....

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Just picked up a Manitou M30 26" air spring fork with a straight steerer from Cycling Deal for $199. Should be sufficient for the lads next bike build. Also got another pair of Novatec 881 & 882 disc hubs for his wheelset for $105. My wheel builder mate has a pair of XM117 rims that he's quoted will cost me a six pack...

BT180

Max Pfaff
Very impressed with these so far much better bite than the SRAM versions for my Guide RS which had not been impressing me thus far (first time with Guides) over the Shimano I have usually had.

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-Avid-XO-Trail-Race-Matrix-Disc-Brake-Pads

Wait until they have their 25% off sales, makes them even better value pretty slow on the post though (Royal Mail)
They look good. Could be worth a shot. Anyone used the race-matrix compound? https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/...-Guide-RS-Guide-R-Race-Matrix-Disc-Brake-Pads

Good enough for Peaty! LOL

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Very impressed with these so far much better bite than the SRAM versions for my Guide RS which had not been impressing me thus far (first time with Guides) over the Shimano I have usually had.

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-Avid-XO-Trail-Race-Matrix-Disc-Brake-Pads

Wait until they have their 25% off sales, makes them even better value pretty slow on the post though (Royal Mail)
Good value either way I reckon. I've run the finned race matrix pads on Zee's and M8000 XT's, they're quiet and grippy with good modulation. I'll be buying more again when the time comes. And yeah the 25% off is even better value. I've also got some of the Radiator rotors and they're holding up well.

I'm no downhill racer by any stretch, but these have remained fade free on trails I've previously had issues on with other rotors and pads.

I recently purchased a nw oval ring from them too. I didn't run it (FW thread worthy...), but it looked to be good quality and well built.

On the postage, I've found them no worse than CRC or other European stores.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Just picked up a Manitou M30 26" air spring fork with a straight steerer from Cycling Deal for $199. Should be sufficient for the lads next bike build. Also got another pair of Novatec 881 & 882 disc hubs for his wheelset for $105. My wheel builder mate has a pair of XM117 rims that he's quoted will cost me a six pack...
That fork is such great value I considered reviving my old stead. But too many car/bike projects at the moment - smashed some hub pawls last weekend, gotta go easy on the power :D

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Chain reaction has XTR 11 SPD shifters for $90. Was about to get an XT when noticed XTR almost same price.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

My mate just got his. Were listed as 15x100....came boost. Just sayin.
I just flicked them an email to confirm the hub size ( dunno if it will help ) the colour matches the Cube Stereo , OEM on them.
I guess they are legit Pikes , just surplus. If they are boost only the Boostinator option would be bearable if they reccommended using a larger than 180mm rotor !
Screwed again !

moorey

call me Mia
I just flicked them an email to confirm the hub size ( dunno if it will help ) the colour matches the Cube Stereo , OEM on them.
I guess they are legit Pikes , just surplus. If they are boost only the Boostinator option would be bearable if they reccommended using a larger than 180mm rotor !
Screwed again !
Legit pikes. Serial No scratched off. 2 mates ordered, one was boost, other wasn't. All sold out regardless.