Bargain buys thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

PJO

in me vL comy
As always at the moment, "bargain" is relative. Also it's a ~2018 frame not 2020. But this is not bad buying if you're a shortarse.

View attachment 376015
I don't own a carbon frame, but I thought it wasn't de rigueur to clamp them into a bike stand.
Whenever I've worked on mates frames I always clamp a seat post or other cheap/replaceable part...

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I don't own a carbon frame, but I thought it wasn't de rigueur to clamp them into a bike stand.
Whenever I've worked on mates frames I always clamp a seat post or other cheap/replaceable part...
Most of the dream builds show them inserting a cheapo metal seatpost then clamping to that.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Like anything it's more about how you do it than whether you do. You don't want to crank the clamp down super tight in the middle of a tube that's otherwise unsupported at risk of cracking, but that's more risky if you're for example clamping the TT on a fully built bike on a wacky angle blah blah.

I'd have no concerns about how he's clamped it in that photo assuming he hasn't way over-tightened the clamp.

moorey

call me Mia
What was in that batch of frames that got nicked out of a truck a couple of years back - they were SCs weren't they?
Yep. No idea what models though. There’s so many things wrong there, you’d be a brave/stupid man jumping in I reckon.