Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
I'm so glad I bought this when they were $50. Does a cracker of a job
Serious Q, does it do better than an air tank pump? Granted my home compressor isn’t the greatest, but my tubeless air tank pump is usually better at inflating a pesky tyre than the compressor.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Serious Q, does it do better than an air tank pump? Granted my home compressor isn’t the greatest, but my tubeless air tank pump is usually better at inflating a pesky tyre than the compressor.
It looks like the same thing, just without the pump.

Possibly a touch safer than my coke bottle based ghetto inflator

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
It’s a one trick pony though. A decent compressor is invaluable.
True. I have a compressor. But my one trick pony is still faster than getting it out, setting it up and waiting for it to fill. I'm really impressed with it's ability to "pop" beads. And unlike my compressor, I can't overinflate the tyre and blow it off and scare the fuck out of myself. Plus I paid $50 not $100...

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
True. I have a compressor. But my one trick pony is still faster than getting it out, setting it up and waiting for it to fill. I'm really impressed with it's ability to "pop" beads. And unlike my compressor, I can't overinflate the tyre and blow it off and scare the fuck out of myself. Plus I paid $50 not $100...
Even at $100 it'd last a lot longer than a $200 compressor.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Well, then buy a decent compressor at least
Aldi stuff is pretty decent for casual home use. I have a Ryobi from bunnings and its also not something id buy for all day use in a workshop, but its a good buy for doing tyres and the occasional air tool etc.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought an Ozito compressor from Bunnings for $100 about 18 months ago. I guess the reason I didn't buy one sooner is I am a tight arse. But it does the job, can inflate trailer and car tires, scare the cat. You name it. Far better than the Seth's hacks poison sprayer trick.

moorey

call me Mia
I bought an Ozito compressor from Bunnings for $100 about 18 months ago. I guess the reason I didn't buy one sooner is I am a tight arse. But it does the job, can inflate trailer and car tires, scare the cat. You name it. Far better than the Seth's hacks poison sprayer trick.
Anything ever is better than any Seth hack.

cammas

Seamstress
Even at $100 it'd last a lot longer than a $200 compressor.
My compressor finally gave up the ghost after 18 years plus I can’t count all the stuff I built around the house with the nail gun and other assorted pieces. Mrs just bought me another one for my birthday, it’s sitting in the corner of the shed right at the power point, so when I go to change tyres etc I just flick it on by the time I’ve stuffed around changing tyres spilling sealant on myself etc, it’s full and waiting on me.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My compressor finally gave up the ghost after 18 years plus I can’t count all the stuff I built around the house with the nail gun and other assorted pieces. Mrs just bought me another one for my birthday, it’s sitting in the corner of the shed right at the power point, so when I go to change tyres etc I just flick it on by the time I’ve stuffed around changing tyres spilling sealant on myself etc, it’s full and waiting on me.
Will you reciprocate with a vacumn cleaner for her birthday?