Ban fatties

scblack

Leucocholic
I'm going to put this out there to see what you guys think. But I'm thinking of getting governement approval for "harvesting" fatties as a form of Renewable Energy. This way the fatties can eat what ever the hell they like and then just pop around to my clinic and I can lipo out a heap of fat that I can use to convert to energy.

Everyone will be a winner here. Renewable Energy source, no one has to worry about what you eat. It's all good!
I laughed out loud!:D :p

Mr Peabody

Likes Dirt
Ive actually put some thought into this and suggest that it is made compulsory for all fast food packaging to have a picture of heart disease or other illness or diseases releated to obesity just like the cigarette packets do. so funny seeing people ordering their food and asking for packaging which they dont find too offensive like they currently do when getting their lung bungers

Povi

Likes Dirt
Ive actually put some thought into this and suggest that it is made compulsory for all fast food packaging to have a picture of heart disease or other illness or diseases releated to obesity just like the cigarette packets do. so funny seeing people ordering their food and asking for packaging which they dont find too offensive like they currently do when getting their lung bungers
thats a farkin genious plan!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Uh uh, and Beer cans should have pics of cirrhosis of the liver, pissed tramps, beaten wives and Mel Gibson on the side.

Perhaps new cars should be sold with pictures of horrific smashes on the side panels, or Mountain bike components could have x-rays of smashed collar bones, pics of missing teeth, road rash or 45 year old accountants dressed in lycra.

Hell, if we're going to have a nanny state, let's just ban fast food altogether and live on baby formula!

It needs to have pictures of runny green shit on the side too!
hahahaha, of course!

What I can't believe is how the yanks banned vegemite because they seem to think the folate in it is dangerous to pregnant women. What the? It's the other way around. This vitamin is actually crucial to healthy baby development and can prevent neural tube defects and spina bifida.

How dumb, and how unjustifiable. They will ban a good old source of aussie vitamin B, yet they wont ban big macs!? I'm sure big macs are just tops for baby development!

NCR600

Likes Dirt
hahahaha, of course!

What I can't believe is how the yanks banned vegemite because they seem to think the folate in it is dangerous to pregnant women. What the? It's the other way around. This vitamin is actually crucial to healthy baby development and can prevent neural tube defects and spina bifida.

How dumb, and how unjustifiable. They will ban a good old source of aussie vitamin B, yet they wont ban big macs!? I'm sure big macs are just tops for baby development!

It was actually banned because in the US the only acceptible source of Folate is from grains (i.e. bread)

They're bureaucrats, but not necessarily outright stupid.

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Have you heard all this talk about our hospitals not being equipped for the obese patients?

I say if a patients arm is to fat to have the blood pressure done, too wide to fit in a hospital bed, to large to wear a gown or even walk then refuse to help them! Why should our taxes be wasted in health care for people who clearly dont give a rats ass about their bodys

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you heard all this talk about our hospitals not being equipped for the obese patients?

I say if a patients arm is to fat to have the blood pressure done, too wide to fit in a hospital bed, to large to wear a gown or even walk then refuse to help them! Why should our taxes be wasted in health care for people who clearly dont give a rats ass about their bodys
yeah fuck them. and smokers too. smokers can pay their own hospital bills. see how they feel then when they are 50, have one lung and a debt.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
yeah fuck them. and smokers too. smokers can pay their own hospital bills. .
They (used to be We but I've just quit) already do! Have you seen how much tax is on a packet of smokes these days?

BTW, I love both your caring and sharing outlooks on other peoples misfortunes. If only the hospitals shared your views on 'self-inflicted' conditions. We'd have a lot less selfish bastard MTB-ers clogging up the ER's with their broken wrists, shattered collarbones etc.

:rolleyes:

Hmm, I agree to some extent about "Why should we have to pay to save someone with a self inflicted illness?" but I don't think it's fair not to treat them as a human being. Sure, ultimately obese people make the decision about what they put in their mouths and the amount of exercise they participate in, but society is such a shit fight these days. A lot of people don't have the time or mentality to prepare a nutritious lunch and dinner everyday. A lot of people can't afford healthier foods, i mean, a salad sandwhich and an apple juice costs you $12 as opposed to a $5 feed from McDonalds. It's also hard for some people to find time every week to exercise. A lot of people struggle with maintaining a healthy weight due to body type so just say "What the hell, no matter what I do I don't get any thinner anyway". A lot of people have low self esteem and find comfort in eating unhealthy foods while sitting on their bum watching TV.

It seems like a waste of money pouring it in to helping these people who 'choose' to abuse their bodies, but I can't help but feel sympathy for the ones that don't know any better or need help.

I reckon, instead of fixing a problem that has grown to be so big (literally) why not put the money in to preventing it?

bazza

look at me
def sucks to not have cheap decent food.

ie this POS cafe out the front of my work. $7 for a sandwhich that i s90% alfalfa crap vs $2 for a sausage roll.

hermmm tough choice.

def sucks to not have cheap decent food.

ie this POS cafe out the front of my work. $7 for a sandwhich that i s90% alfalfa crap vs $2 for a sausage roll.

hermmm tough choice.
Yeah it really sucks hey, I love those Boost Juice type drinks so much that i crave them. The problem being, there is not one juice bar within closer proximity of less than an hour away from where I live. Yet there is 3 greasy takeaway shops, KFC and Eagle Boys within walking distance.

As I walk through Woolies I think to myself, a nice fresh fruit salad would be so awesome right now! I walk to the fruit section, shit, $4 for a mango, nope, those banana's are still to expensive, what! I'm not paying that for one measly little passionfruit, as if i'll buy those grapes at $9 for one bag. I continue to the biscuit section, bbq shapes, hmmm only $2.30 this week, god I love that red flavour stuff that seems to work itself to an abundance at the bottom, mmm, what the hell, and I throw them into the basket.

it's not that I didn't want to choose the healthy option, it's that the world makes it to difficult sometimes!!

Uhoh, sudden craving for a Boost Juice :(

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah it really sucks hey, I love those Boost Juice type drinks so much that i crave them. The problem being, there is not one juice bar within closer proximity of less than an hour away from where I live. Yet there is 3 greasy takeaway shops, KFC and Eagle Boys within walking distance.
Careful assuming Boost is a particularly healthy option. There's a whole lotta calories hiding awy there. better than greasy stuff yep, but still worth looking closely at before calling it 'healthy'

bazza

look at me
Careful assuming Boost is a particularly healthy option. There's a whole lotta calories hiding awy there. better than greasy stuff yep, but still worth looking closely at before calling it 'healthy'

its still not copious amounts of oil and meat though.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
its still not copious amounts of oil and meat though.
Agreed. My only concern with things like Boost is that people tend to think "it's fruit, I can have a large one on top of my normal lunch and it's all good. Damn, why am I getting fat?"

As long as you factor into your meals a big juice/smoothie in the same manner as you would say a large coke it's all good.

(I'm not singling boost out, same goes for all juice/smoothie mobs)