Awesome!

retro racer

Likes Dirt
Hey you old fools, Scotty and the crew have been kind enough to give us old blokes an avenue to chat about all things old and down hill of course. Please do not be shy and come on the Vets section and have a chinwag.
cheers:cool:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hopefully this section will do what Vets do best and that is hand the young smart prics their arses.;) Enjoy.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Hahahaha I love it when I hear old folks go "the kids these days just aren't the way they used to be" - I always say back "well it's your generation who brought us up, guess you guys didn't do such a good job :p (comment meant in the lightest way possible :) )

I think it's cool to have a vets section, just hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting in here hehehe. Can't wait for the day I can proudly post in here, 6 more years! 30 is the new 18 on rotorburn

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Now I feel old.:(
Anybody here know of a good bike rack to hold my walking frame when I'm downhilling.
otherwise,
A bike rack for my battery powered urban city gopher would be great too.

cru_jones

Likes Bikes
Vets eh.. so this is where i come to get my dog a tune up yeah :p :p .....jokes.....

Well, im almost old enough to qualify for this section, 2 years to go..
but i ride with some of these old codgers and understand how their slower minds work :p , so i think i should be ok ;);)

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Top topics in this section?

My back hurts.
My piles hurt.
My teeth keep falling out on rough singletrack.

Hopefully this forum won't need much moderation.

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Its even worse when you Bin it real bad and you lose your glasses and your false teeth at the same time. Then they both get run over by the 3 kids you just passed climbing that last hill:mad:

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt

My back hurts.
My piles hurt.

yeah so we can swear and asume the kiddies wont nbe looking? thank fuck for that!

im 29 but dont plan to be a Vet when i hit 30. surely 40 is a better "Vet" level??

Felixe

Likes Bikes
Howdy!

Howdy! I'll throw my hat in the ring, I turn 40 this year.

Back in the day :rolleyes: I remember being a whippersnapper ;) in Mt'ing.
I still remember my first... a shogun prariebreaker expert with full LX. And the first Giant bike made from Carbon fibre - I had a CFM3 with rockshox mag 20's woohoo, we used to go down Mt Weillington, long before they established a Mtb park.

Good to see a Vets forum, so now we can address pressing issues such as:
  • When are you too old to wear lycra?
    Do you need a GPS because you forget where you are?
    Can you still get up after a big night and ride early?
    What has cycling done to your sex life?:eek:

dunndog

Eats Squid
Man this thread sucks! you have just managed to make me feel really old. cheers:mad:
You're only as old as you feel man, extra fibre in your cereal will let you know you're alive! I'm exactly half way through my dirty thirties. Can't remember which half though.. I just watch all the latest vids and take all the cool kids shuttling to keep me feeling young. Or atleast it gives me plenty of ammo to maintain the lie:)

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association

My back hurts.
Well it has kept me off the bike in any form for the past 6 months (blown L5 S1 disc hurt while drinking beer watching Smokey and the Bandit II).

Shit...................I'm old. I'll go start that thread.

Last edited:

rone

Eats Squid

My back hurts.
My piles hurt.

Hee. Too true. Also- 'My knees hurt' and 'Text speak is the ruination of modern English'....

This and the 29er thread are my new favourites.:)

38, by the way...

Sumo

Likes Dirt
Good to see a Vets forum, so now we can address pressing issues such as:
  • When are you too old to wear lycra?
    Do you need a GPS because you forget where you are?
    Can you still get up after a big night and ride early?
    What has cycling done to your sex life?:eek:
You are always too old to wear lycra.
Cycling momentarily takes my mind off the fact that I don't have a sex life.:eek:

Sandman

Likes Bikes
Well it has kept me off the bike in any form for the past 6 months (blown L5 S1 disc hurt while drinking beer watching Smokey and the Bandit II).

Shit...................I'm old. I'll go start that thread.

I know how you feel just got over the same problem . Now strained my finger and can't use my brake , Means i just have to smash the the little kiddys down the hill Ha Ha !