AusCycling doesn't just hate MTB...

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Wanna be our race Commissaire ?
Yeah ok.
Ok I'll send you the details.

Ended up...

Join AusCycling as a non race member for volunteering.
Working with children check for volunteers.
2 hours of SportAus Community Officials Principles course.
3-4 hours of AusCycling Commissaire modules.

Just a heads up in case anyone here is asked in the future.

Cost was $15 total for the club affiliation through AusCycling.
Is that a recommendation or a 'the fuck am I doing that again' deal?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Is that a recommendation or a 'the fuck am I doing that again' deal?
Just a heads up, I dont think any of us knew what was involved.

AusCycling require a certain number of official positions to run a race and adhere to their rules and be covered by their insurance.

My club was struggling for vollies (as it rural) and getting people to fill the spots. Timing, race setup, venue setup, risk assessments, emergency plans etc...

I'm sure that some here that are involved with a club, will end up in the same spot at some stage.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt

AusCycling require a certain number of official positions to run a race and adhere to their rules and be covered by their insurance.

My club was struggling for vollies (as it rural) and getting people to fill the spots. Timing, race setup, venue setup, risk assessments, emergency plans etc...

I'm sure that some here that are involved with a club, will end up in the same spot at some stage.
Sounds like a wow of a time!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

One reason why our club isn't running any races lately is that there's no one interested in organising and running them. We are just focusing on trail maintenance and construction and leave the other clubs to handle the racing. I've tried to do it all myself in the past, but it all become too much, and you just burn yourself out. I just focus on the trails these days.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
One reason why our club isn't running any races lately is that there's no one interested in organising and running them. We are just focusing on trail maintenance and construction and leave the other clubs to handle the racing. I've tried to do it all myself in the past, but it all become too much, and you just burn yourself out. I just focus on the trails these days.
And you are doing a fantastic job of that. Mucho kudos

Have I mentioned enough how awesome the Iron Tor loop is?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
And you are doing a fantastic job of that. Mucho kudos

Have I mentioned enough how awesome the Iron Tor loop is?
Yep, it's a pretty good loop, it's riding distance from my place :p .
I've been up there the past few weeks raking the climb and clearing out the drains, so it holds up for the rest of winter.
I'm actually working on the approval process for an extra descent off the Monty loop so when you hit the fire trail crossing after coming off Iron Tor descent you can have the option of a blue/black descent instead of just the more pedally, green second Monty descent.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Even the UCI hates MTB...

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.

That's such a shit move. If it was done at the start of the year so everyone could know/plan accordingly fair enough I guess (though still weird that Sagan gets a leg-up despite being nowhere in the UCI road rankings...).

Neff's comment about the implications compared to the women's junior race is the best though, too accurate sadly.

ozzybmx

Pro roadies and CXers get a foot up to the Olympics qualifications buy UCI chunts.

So it looks like if you were ranked 11th in the world at XC MTB, you will start behind the top 10 of any pro cycling entrants. So you could be 50th place.

The issue being if you are not top 10 MTB, you don't know where you will start until race day, when you see who has turned up.

ozzybmx

That was mvdp not listening to any of the race briefings as all of the riders had been notified from day one
When you look at any of the crash analysis vids online, he wasn't even in the trajectory to touch the ramp that was there. He just messed up the take off.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Who's going to elbow him off his line for the salmon ladder?
Tommy P going by the reporting on the XCC race… pushed 3rd place wide on the last corner to get up on the podium. Quoted the classic Senna “if you don’t take a gap” line when asked about it post race :D