Army Recruitment..

josh2517

Likes Dirt
Rotorburner's

So today I applied for the ADF as an General Service Officer.
I have a YOU session on the 12th of October and was just wondering what some tips are, What I should expect and so forth..
I know to where a suit to the YOU session and to know alot about the ADF's History.. Is there anything else..
EDIT: Also, What would be helpful to take into the interview, apart from Drivers license and birth certificate..
Any info would be a great help..

Thanks, Josh

Last edited:

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its pretty easy, just remember the timing for the IQ/aptitude test. Work out the time per mark and if you dont get it, move on..........Thats what I stuffed up and I am going back for later... :(

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't worry about the aptitude test, it's easy.
As said the Selection board is where they get you. Just don't stress out about it, chill out and be yourself. Think about your answers before you talk, otherwise they'll start bombarding you, don't talk shit either. Remember you're going for officer entry, chances are one day you'll have peoples lives in your hands..

olli91

Likes Bikes
Is this 'YOU' thing any different to a JOES Day?
I think its the same thing, different name.

And to Josh, the aptitude test is pretty easy, but time is the big issue. They say that the test is designed so that people wont managed to finish.

wtr

Likes Dirt
Smart casual, clean shaven, short haircut, and the patience to sit for ages. They won't expect you to address them as Sir/Ma'am/whatever-rank nor will you be yelled at as yet, so don't frigid.

Good luck. (spanners FTW)

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
. Remember you're going for officer entry, chances are one day you'll have peoples lives in your hands..
Hahahahahahaha......

Thats why we have Senior NCO's..........so that when a grunter shits himself and asks for advice from someone with experience..........