Apple buffs

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
could someone who is quite experienced with itunes tell me how can i get a plug in that shows the file location on itunes. so that i can sort them out and list them accordingly.

why? because most of my music is off the main network computer and everytime im on the road i will have to create a playlist that has the local files only so i dont wait everytime itunes is looking for a network file.

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah im using a mac
and i'll have a look on the page you referred me to

cressa

Likes Dirt
All the files are stored in the itunes folder.

Find this by going USER(whatever yours is)>MUSIC>ITUNES MUSIC

All the files will be there. If you are listening to tracks across a network you have to go to the same location as mentioned above on the computer that you are sharing the files from.

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cressa: i have deselected the option of having Itunes copying all the files from the network to the macbook. because it will be clogging up valuable space and duplicating files for no reason.

well i tried the scripts, and let me tell you it's not easy, the other problem im having is the script also needs to be installed on the main server, and althoug it is rather simple on Macosx it isn't on XP.

i will be trying over the next few days but the file i got is called: remote management script.
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts10.php
its the most relevant file i have found

Last edited:

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so i thought i'd give the ones having the same problem as me a bit of a solution.
i tried the other one above, but was far too complicated to make it work effectively on windows, so i gave up

so i went the easy way, so:
download this: http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts01.php?page=1
put it in your scripts folder in your itunes folder.
then a little flower thing will show up on the top bar when itunes is open, click: Super Remove dead tracks
it will remove all dead tracks automatically. and itunes is going to show you all your current tracks.

the only way to effectively manage your network files to load them up everytime you load itunes by the use of a playlist on you other computer.

good luck