Anyone interested in regular training session? (Melbourne)

LordNikon

Uber Geek
I'm looking at the calendar and there's 2 enduros coming up that I'll be entering.

Then I'm looking at my fitness and thinking I'm gonna die.

Anyone up for a weekly or training session? Maybe a trip by train to Little River then ride the You Yangs. That'd give us 25 k's on road plus riding some off road stuff aswell.

Just a thought... anyone interested?

Could possibly look at doing some strength training aswell... like finding some f**k off big hills and riding up them.

Rik

logged out
Shame you aren't in Sydney, if you look in the Watering Hole I'm wanting to do some ballbusting rides too. Ahh well.

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Was thinking of one night after work each week. Ideally I'd like to do a trip to the You Yangs, went last night and it was great fun, although it's hard to be motivated when riding on your own.

I'm open to suggestions on where we ride though.

Don't worry about the super unfit part... I'm no where near what I'd consider fit either. :wink:

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Always up for a ride :wink: ...And the you yangs for me is sort of an in between thing, plus the train is easy for me too (I has no car :p ).

The you yangs is a great place for riding, lots of fun single track :D and plenty to explore too. Why not take advantage of the lengthy dayligh hours during summer :D

-Count me in, Thursday nights is best for me, but I'm easy. Them two enduro's I plan to enterthe 8 hour as a pair, and the GMBC's 6hour SOLO :? So I could do with the training

hippy

Likes Bikes
Where's that train go?

Which train are you guys talking about? Where does it leave from, etc.?
I don't think I've ever been to the You Yangs...

I would like to do the 8hr too..
Do you have more details of the GMBC 6hr?

ciao
hippy

LordNikon

Uber Geek
You can catch a Vline train from Spencer St station to Little River.

I'm starting to think the train option would possibly take a little too long though. It'd be a 17.30 train to arrive at LR at about 18.10, then a 21.45 train back to arrive home at around 22.30.

Driving is definitely going to be the easier option.

The GMBC 6 hour info will be at www.gmbc.com.au

Bender is CRAZY

Likes Dirt
There is this ride that me and my dad did that had some big f***ing hills! all the roadies go there. You start by going 8km up a ashphalt road that has absolutely no cars then you go along some fire road and then you hit the really steep hills, only probolem is there is no singletrack. I will try and find you the directions. I think it would be perfect for strength training and it doesn't take that long.

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Sounds perfect BIC... Definitely keen to check it out.

It's not the King Lake Training ride that all the tri-athletes do is it? That takes a full day from what I've heard, 190 km's or something?!?!?!?!

*collapses*

:wink:

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LordNikon wrote:
You can catch a Vline train from Spencer St station to Little River.
Not after the 4th of January you cant... All Geelong-Melbourne-Geelong trialns are not running fromt the 4th of Jan to about mid Feb due to line upgrades...

Driving would be the better option, but really who wants to drive in peak hour trafic for quiet a while... Wouldn't be too bad I guess but it kinda fucks up my plans, theres no way Im riding to LR station from Corio, then the YouYangs :p

LordNikon

Uber Geek
OK, now that the Xmas NYE madness is out of the way...

I'm thinking of starting this week.

Wednesday night at 6:30?

I'm thinking that an easy ride in the west plantation is best to start with to ease back into it after the last couple of weeks. :wink:

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm out busy this week. I went to stockyards on Friday, in the blazing sun... 55km later I was well fucked andd covered in brown dust :p

Ohhh an easy ride at the WesternPlantation, thats a 15km ride before I even get there :p The 15km home too :p

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Well if you did 55 k's in the stockyards then you're far fitter than me dude.

So the extra 30 will do you good. :p