Anyone for a ride in launceston

dougmcdoug

Likes Dirt
hey lads and lassies, I'm in launceston for three weeks starting on the 10th and i'm bringing my bike, would love to have someone show me some rides. I'm into xc anyone keen?

skinner

Likes Dirt
Dude....not in launceston anymore but, try hitting the trails in trevallyn up behind the Gorge on the North side they are very nice indeed.

Otherwise, get directions to the Silverdome and up behind there is a place called the "Kate Reid" park reserver whatever, just follow the tracks around, not super long but a nice 10-20kms can be had there. Both these places are a 5-10km ride from the CBD

dougmcdoug

Likes Dirt
So there is some trails near the silverdome? Sweet as thats about 2mins ride from where i'm staying. Thanks for the tip

skinner

Likes Dirt
Yeah just head up the main access road, the gate will more than likley be closed but its not a problem as its the main access point for the reserve...

Just head towards the south of the complex and you will find quite abit of single track, good for the after work ride...

If you are in that area, head to duck reach, cross the bridge and up the stairs and you are right in the middle of the trevallyn reserve.