Anyone a Paramedic or an Ambo....or work for QAS

trying tobea medic

Cannon Fodder
Well Im also in

Well Hello

I have also just been accepted into the 04/01/10 intake for the Brisbane Region, so would love to say hi to all and look forward to seeing those who have also been accepted in the six week block, for all others good luck you will do just fine:)

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Wow, thank goodness for this being #3 on the google search for QAS recruitment.
Most of my questions have been answered and I found out more information that I have been given anywhere else! Especially about the placements and months they do it.
I found out last week that i have an interview in Feb 2010 and I am excited and nervous. Im hoping that all of my previous experience will assist.
Im going to practise lots of STAR answers.

Any chance of a hint of one of the questions that they ask.

Also, does anyone know approximately how many people make it to the interview stage? If you have an interview, do you have a good chance of getting in?

So glad I found this forum!

:)
They dont say how many people they are interviewing etc,

but in the course i am starting there are 55 people, going off to work all over QLD.

The hints for the interview questions already posted are a good start, basically know your motivations for joining, why you meet the selection criteria, why you might be good at the job etc

Cunkle

Cannon Fodder
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the info.

I got an email yesterday saying my application was accepted :eek:) Yay!!!

Why do you guys want to be paramedics? I think it would be really interesting and rewarding. I am an 'action' kind of person and I think it would suit my personality too.

Have you guys who got accepted seen some really messed up stuff? And how do you deal with that after your shift is over?

I am trying to figure out what traits are needed to be a great paramedic.

Ok, have an awesome day,

Corinne

koby

Cannon Fodder
adding my bit now... :)

Im hoping that the next 2 months so fast so I can have the interview.
I just missed out on the oct/nov ones thanks to the physical test being booking out. oh well. Good things come to those who wait!
Hi - firstly thank you to rotorburn for allowing us to use this forum - been reading it for weeks and as everyone knows there is nothing else out there on this subject...a big THANK YOU!!!

My story - I first applied in March (seems sooo long ago) finally got an application approval letter about 3 months later - took about 10 weeks to get into an aptitude test...what a long wait...passed wonderfully - Thank GOD..had to wait about 2 months to hear about that - my first email went a stray (would have known about two weeks after that if I had got it..but didn't - ended up asking them when I should hear about it...I'm worried about the emails going a stray now..) so took about two weeks to get the medical then the fitness which I was sooo happy to pass..and passed pretty well which surprised me!:):) Now I'm waiting for my interview date as I just missed the Oct/Nov interviews...I hope now that Kateo has heard about hers (guesssing?) that hopefully I will hear about mine...
If they don't interview you or want you - I hope that they atleast let you know that..instead of waiting and waiting:confused:
I'm glad for all you guys who got in - if rotorburn allows me - I'll keep everyone up to date as well - (obviuosly only if you want...read it:p).

I'm 40 and hoping that now I've had the babies I can do a career like this for the next 20 years or so - I would like to think it would be very rewarding...and very hard at times...I don't think you really would know what it is like unless you have done it or are doing it..I'll stop rambling now- Good luck everyone and let us know how you all get on!:D

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Its probably a safe bet to say that the interviews for the next course will be conducted jan/feb

I was interviewed on the 26th of Oct for a 4th Jan start date

koby

Cannon Fodder
re : April intake

Is it definetley in April the next intake/training block?? It's so hard to find out.:confused:

Canhope4

Cannon Fodder
I was also told April intake :)

I am guessing that it will be early April as QAS also said the next intake after that will be July/Aug.

trueblueozzie

Cannon Fodder
QCESA Courses

Just reading about the apparent course in April my friend who is already in QAS has heard that due to the high staffing of QUT graduates coming out that the student courses are going to be fewer and further between he has heard that the next Student Recruitment isn't going till be at the end of 2010 there is one commencing in January but the other is later in the year as placement of QUT graduates are priority. The student program is being downgraded to ceasing as the Degree is the new way to go for QAS. So a little sad for all of us that have paid to do all the requirement of Livingstones, Medical and Fitness if this is the case?

fragile79

Cannon Fodder
Hi All
thanks for this forum it has been very helpful, just wondering if any of you that are waiting for interviews have been given dates in 2010. is everyone from brisbane region or is there anyone from central queensland going through this process as well. Am also waiting for a date for the interview, hope there is still an intake in april does anyone
know if this is correct?
any help would be great
Thanks Fragile

trueblueozzie

Cannon Fodder
Hi All
thanks for this forum it has been very helpful, just wondering if any of you that are waiting for interviews have been given dates in 2010. is everyone from brisbane region or is there anyone from central queensland going through this process as well. Am also waiting for a date for the interview, hope there is still an intake in april does anyone
know if this is correct?
any help would be great
Thanks Fragile
I think if you have applied the best thing to do is wait for the process to go full circle it is a game of patience. Human Resources can only do so much for the hundreds of applications they receive they have the same process to go through. I also applied for Brisbane Region followed by I think Wide Bay / Central, so long know I cannot remember. I have and so has a friend been advised that interviews are schedule for February 2010 but times/dates yet to be set and that they would issue a further letter.

Patience is the key issue, I suppose there are only so many qualified officers to be mentors for students and also I suppose they also have to consider the priority areas to placement on courses as well.

I take it you have passed all your assessments and also just waiting to hear of an interview?

fragile79

Cannon Fodder
I think if you have applied the best thing to do is wait for the process to go full circle it is a game of patience. Human Resources can only do so much for the hundreds of applications they receive they have the same process to go through. I also applied for Brisbane Region followed by I think Wide Bay / Central, so long know I cannot remember. I have and so has a friend been advised that interviews are schedule for February 2010 but times/dates yet to be set and that they would issue a further letter.

Patience is the key issue, I suppose there are only so many qualified officers to be mentors for students and also I suppose they also have to consider the priority areas to placement on courses as well.

I take it you have passed all your assessments and also just waiting to hear of an interview?
have completed all testing and passed, just waiting on date for interview.

koby

Cannon Fodder
wow - that not good

Just reading about the apparent course in April my friend who is already in QAS has heard that due to the high staffing of QUT graduates coming out that the student courses are going to be fewer and further between he has heard that the next Student Recruitment isn't going till be at the end of 2010 there is one commencing in January but the other is later in the year as placement of QUT graduates are priority. The student program is being downgraded to ceasing as the Degree is the new way to go for QAS. So a little sad for all of us that have paid to do all the requirement of Livingstones, Medical and Fitness if this is the case?
If thats the case I guess who gets an interview in Feb and gets in will be lucky (hope its not at the end of the year...thats a hell of a long time to wait)..I hope we all get the chance..some of us are too old to do a degree (obviously with no pay for 4 years) then get in - I just want to start and be on the job learning as soon as the six weeks training is up - I hope we have all got in before the downgrading begins. Fingers crossed to us all - let us know if you get an interview everyone!! cheers,