Anyone a Paramedic or an Ambo....or work for QAS

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Hey Forumscanner

Ill be going through recruits in March - Have my wedding and European honeymoon through Jan/Feb which was organised around the RAAF intake in the first place..

Thanks for the offer on tips/advice, but I should be right as my best mate went through Sept last year and finished best on course so he has been smashing me with advice on how to make it easier (Sewing technique is important i hear!)

You are right, there are definately good benefits in the RAAF which will be very handy as we are looking to start a family real soon.. I also like the progress in the Health Services Wing with the C-17's being made into flying hospitals and like you said overseas deployment is highly likely..

I do have a question though for you: How many years in were you before you were able to the the AMAC?

Cheers
Brad
Hey mate,

I was never a medic or anything in the RAAF, went in as fighter controller.

Im guessing AMAC is Aviation Medical something?

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
well done forumscanner, TAM and Google Enthusiast !

Spanky hopes you enjoy your new found careers.... well done.

S

Google Enthusiast

Cannon Fodder
RAAF Medic Training

Hey Forumscanner

Sorry mate, was making assumptions on you being a MEDASST.. AMAC is the Advanced Medical Assistant Course - more in line with paramedic training.. The course is done after completing the intial Basic Medical Assistant Course just not sure how many years into service you get to do the AMAC..

Its all good though my best mate is putting me in touch with 2 medics that went through recruits with him last year and they will be able to give me some more details..

What did you find the most challenging at 1RTU?

Brad

RDD

Cannon Fodder
Hi guys I to am like everyone else and found this forum the only place to get info about the student paramedic QAS is offering. For those who have have been successful in getting a start as a student paramedic, is the pay anywhere near the $56,000 stated? From what I hear this figure is complete nonsense

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Hey Forumscanner

Sorry mate, was making assumptions on you being a MEDASST.. AMAC is the Advanced Medical Assistant Course - more in line with paramedic training.. The course is done after completing the intial Basic Medical Assistant Course just not sure how many years into service you get to do the AMAC..

Its all good though my best mate is putting me in touch with 2 medics that went through recruits with him last year and they will be able to give me some more details..

What did you find the most challenging at 1RTU?

Brad
I went through the Defence Academy. But liek RMC/Kapooka/1RTU etc most of it is learnign to work as a team for however long the course is. Dealing without luxuries, long days, if your fitness is good wont be too hard.

Learning lots and bein under pressure. But you will alos make good mates with the rest of youre course

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Hi guys I to am like everyone else and found this forum the only place to get info about the student paramedic QAS is offering. For those who have have been successful in getting a start as a student paramedic, is the pay anywhere near the $56,000 stated? From what I hear this figure is complete nonsense
hmm interesting.

I dont think any of the earlier student paramedic are posting here anymore. On the QAS website, it says average 58k with shift allowance and overtime.

Ill be able to tell you next year lol

Justbee

Cannon Fodder
BIG congrats - Tam and Forumscanner. I wish you the very best of luck with training. Keep us posted as to how it all goes.

Brad - Sorry to hear that it wasn't meant to be at this time, however congrats to you on your position in the air force. I am sure it will be just as exciting and challenging.

Canhope4

Cannon Fodder
Did apptitude & personality tests on Wed 18th Nov, felt ok about it so now the waiting game begins.

Congrats to everyone that just got in!!!:)

How long did you have to wait to hear back on tests? I am hoping that I will hear back before christmas.

Justbee

Cannon Fodder
Hi Canhope4,

I did my exams on 4th November so I know what you mean about the waiting game. Not knowing is so hard! Hang in there.

From what I have read and heard it usually takes at least 4 weeks to get the results from the exams we have just completed, maybe even a little longer in some cases.

I am sure if someone knows otherwise they will let you know.

Tam

Cannon Fodder
Hi guys,

Thanks for the congrats - it is very exciting. :)

Yep, my aptitude results took just a day or two under a month I think. To give you a rough overall idea, I initially applied in late may and had an offer mid november. Of course that will vary depending on when interviews are scheduled for etc.

I have heard of people waiting six weeks for aptitude results, but hopefully you both get yours soon. :)

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
My Psychometric test results took about a month.

For me it was the biggest slow down of my app- in May the next availablle session was july.

For me the whole process took about 6 month from applying, doing all the tests and getting an offer

trying tobea medic

Cannon Fodder
Hey there

Hey there I am also a new cus to this site, trying to find out information about QAS, I have completed my interview and am now awaiting the intake to get an offer, does any one know how many people are on the list and does passing the interview mean that you are likely to get a position? well lots of q's but this for now if anyone can help thanks

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Thanks forum scanner, how long did you have to wait between getting results from your interview and getting an offer?
I relieved a phone call 3 weeks after the interview advising me that I had passed the interview and they also verbally offered me a spot in the Bris region. I got an email saying I had passed the interview a week after this.

Canhope4

Cannon Fodder
Stick around

Hi Tam and Forumscanner,

I hope you guys stick around and keep posting about your experiences during initial training and your time on the road. It would be really good to hear about what you get up to and what they expect out of you, and how your study is going.

Cheers
Canhope4:)

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Hi Tam and Forumscanner,

I hope you guys stick around and keep posting about your experiences during initial training and your time on the road. It would be really good to hear about what you get up to and what they expect out of you, and how your study is going.

Cheers
Canhope4:)
will do/.sss

Canhope4

Cannon Fodder
Found out today passed apptitude and psyc only had to wait 2.5 weeks, now for fitness and medical.:D

Woops, only 1.5 weeks wait for my results to come through, mis counted in my excitement! Whoot!!

Last edited: