Another day another collarbone

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well damn. It sucks but your still killing it, what you’ve done with your house with a shitty arm is awesome.

My nerve is smooshed too again, EP’s helping though.

I don’t mean to brag but got full feeling back in my foot last week (had a relapse and pretty much went back to what I was before surgery. No surgery this time though, disk is going back in slowly).
Are you a very flexible fellow? For me keeping flexibility has been key to comfort.

If you spent less time eating crayons and more time maintaining core strength...

Being able to feel your feet is not overrated.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Are you a very flexible fellow? For me keeping flexibility has been key to comfort.

If you spent less time eating crayons and more time maintaining core strength...

Fucking flexibility. That's what I'm working on. Stretching each day is slowly helping my lower back pain

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Fucking flexibility. That's what I'm working on. Stretching each day is slowly helping my lower back pain
I have chronic right leg/hip pain from tight/scared quads and ITB... Getting old is not for wimps.

Could be worse - work friend in the UK tells me a mate of his stacked his MTB in March - head and spinal injuries. Will never walk again, and has only gotten upper body mobility as far as being able to feed himself...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I have chronic right leg/hip pain from tight/scared quads and ITB... Getting old is not for wimps.

Could be worse - work friend in the UK tells me a mate of his stacked his MTB in March - head and spinal injuries. Will never walk again, and has only gotten upper body mobility as far as being able to feed himself...
You've got it all happening!!
That's fucked. Poor bastard.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences

I hereby retire from the sport of mountain biking.

Hope your recovery goes well, got a mate in a similar situ (broke collarbone in March, had surgery but still not healed and the secondary issues flowing from that) and can see the mental toll it takes.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Well damn. It sucks but your still killing it, what you’ve done with your house with a shitty arm is awesome.

My nerve is smooshed too again, EP’s helping though.

I don’t mean to brag but got full feeling back in my foot last week (had a relapse and pretty much went back to what I was before surgery. No surgery this time though, disk is going back in slowly).
Did you have a microdiscectomy?

Scotty675

Cable thief
Year and a half ago.
What was your recovery time?
Long story but I was meant to have one 6 years ago, surgery canceled twice and didn't end up going ahead.
Now suffering fucked back again. Got my MRI results today.
The bottom disc is now dried out and compressed (worn away), putting pressure on the joint. The disc above now has 2 bulges. Although I'm not suffering as much pain as I was originally, surgery is on the cards.
I'm seeing an osteopath once a week.
Any tips or exercises you did to build up core?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
What was your recovery time?
Long story but I was meant to have one 6 years ago, surgery canceled twice and didn't end up going ahead.
Now suffering fucked back again. Got my MRI results today.
The bottom disc is now dried out and compressed (worn away), putting pressure on the joint. The disc above now has 2 bulges. Although I'm not suffering as much pain as I was originally, surgery is on the cards.
I'm seeing an osteopath once a week.
Any tips or exercises you did to build up core?
With core, take it very easy and ideally do it with a physio/EP who loves the yoga/pilates before moving up to stronger exercises. things like bridges, deadbugs, but take it easy, any back pain at all stop and go something easier. Pushing through pain = bad.
Any stretch that strains the injured disk=bad. I.e. bending over to touch toes, don’t do that.
There are ways to stretch things without bending your back.

Once ep/physio give you the all clear squats(all of them. Static, single leg, lunges)/deadlifts/bent over rows/ these painful af ones where you start off kneeling, than get up into a squat position then back to kneeling. I don’t know how to explain it but it hurts so damn much.
Bridges and all the variations (single leg with resistance bands wrapped around knees suck.)
And get those hamstrings nice and long. Stretch before and after is important.

6 months post surgery I was pretty good to do most things. Deadlifts up at 45kg 3x10, 30seconds between reps. A year later up to 75kg 3x10, horizontal bent over rows at 30kg and killing it. Slow build but it was reliable and safe, take your time getting strength

my surgeon was saying 4 year recovery post surgery. I recovered pretty quickly until now.

Then gyms shut so no more rehab stuff, work went nuts and I had to move out and clean my house for tennants=too much for back.

I had bugger all pain after surgery, it was like magic. Went into hospital in agony and woke up at 9 with full feeling back in leg and no nerve pain at all.

Ultra Lord

I pushed myself waaaaaaaaay too hard at work and cleaning up my house when I couldn’t do my stuff.

flexibility is ok, back feels best after excercise. Gotta keep it mobile and work the muscles around it to keep the area tight.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I can handle back pain but sciatic is next level. Last time I battled on for 3 months saying she'll be right. The night I went to hospital was probably the most pain I've experienced in my life. Started as aching legs them went into extreme mode. Mrs wanted to call a an ambulance cause I couldn't get out of bed little own down the stairs.
Hence this time I've been a lot more cautious when i felt it coming on.
I've backed the lifting off at work but unfortunately it's not got better. Haven't riden a bike in 5 weeks which is really doing my head in.
If I need to I'll get it done this time but hoping it passes. Wishful thinking probably.

Ultra Lord

I can handle back pain but sciatic is next level. Last time I battled on for 3 months saying she'll be right. The night I went to hospital was probably the most pain I've experienced in my life. Started as aching legs them went into extreme mode. Mrs wanted to call a an ambulance cause I couldn't get out of bed little own down the stairs.
Hence this time I've been a lot more cautious when i felt it coming on.
I've backed the lifting off at work but unfortunately it's not got better. Haven't riden a bike in 5 weeks which is really doing my head in.
If I need to I'll get it done this time but hoping it passes. Wishful thinking probably.
No more lifting at work! Only reason I’m not going for surgery is I dipped outta life for abit and sat at home doing nothing. So much laying down and dog walks.

I stupidly pushed through 6 months of extreme/justpainful/holyfuckcantfeelfoot/justpainful first time round before I went for surgery.

cycling is good for sciatic pain, provided you just chill and spin along. Low impact and flosses the nerve = a good time. No sending anything though.

I hope you get on top of it mate. Surgery or not, the rehab work is painful but needs doing.
Remember to eat fibre if your on the endone.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I'm going for a spin this weekend cause I can't last any longer. Riding really is good therapy.
Will get on top of this one, one way or another, just another bump in the road. Unfortunately I ride a never ending rock garden. Work hard play hard.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I had a microdiscectomy two years ago. I had a bulging disk that was putting pressure on a nerve that gave me pain all the way down to my ankle.
I was told by the surgeon that that type of of surgery was very successful with removing nerve pain but not much so with back pain.
After the surgery the pain down my leg was gone and after a few months recovery it's still pretty good.
I still get a sore back on big rides with extended and punchy climbs so I tend to just spin it out. My XC days are behind me but I prefer going down anyway.