All Mountain Tyres

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Magic Mary + Hans mini review

First ride. Both seem SOLID. I will probably need to play with pressures a bit to get the most out of them. Liked them overall. Had one moment mid corner where the MM seemed a bit vague as I leaned it over. But quickly found the side knobs. Rear HD rolls ok, brakes fine, generally stayed out of the way and I didn’t think about it. Liking the robustness for my local rocky sandstone trails. Looking forward to Derby later this week!

(Still not over the drama of setting them up though. So kinda hoping I don’t like them too much.)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I have until the end of the year to decide - at the moment I'm path riding so I don't need to get anything yet.
It's good to be prepared. Hope they don't bring out any new models or you'll be on rims before you decide ;)

You could probably scratch the Hans Dampf off the front tyre list, that's mainly for rear duties imo.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
It's good to be prepared. Hope they don't bring out any new models or you'll be on rims before you decide ;)

You could probably scratch the Hans Dampf off the front tyre list, that's mainly for rear duties imo.
Magic Mary front?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Magic Mary + Hans mini review

First ride. Both seem SOLID. I will probably need to play with pressures a bit to get the most out of them. Liked them overall. Had one moment mid corner where the MM seemed a bit vague as I leaned it over. But quickly found the side knobs. Rear HD rolls ok, brakes fine, generally stayed out of the way and I didn’t think about it. Liking the robustness for my local rocky sandstone trails. Looking forward to Derby later this week!

(Still not over the drama of setting them up though. So kinda hoping I don’t like them too much.)
Running a Magic Mary Super Trail Soft front. Nearly 1000km on the front. Just won’t wear out! I found it likes lower pressures. Running at 21psi currently. Predictable grip and can really lean it over in corners. Have a Nobby Nic on the rear and grips and rolls well.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Running a Magic Mary Super Trail Soft front. Nearly 1000km on the front. Just won’t wear out! I found it likes lower pressures. Running at 21psi currently. Predictable grip and can really lean it over in corners. Have a Nobby Nic on the rear and grips and rolls well.
That's durable alright! Based on a lot of advice I should be looking at a Super Gravity casing and sadly the Nobby Nic doesn't come in that casing.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Running at 21psi currently.
Good to know. I’ve got the Gravity casing, and had it at 28 (because I’m used to softer walled tyres, and somewhat heavy/casual with line choice). Will definitely try dropping some psi’s.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Which ones did you order? Any good reviews that made you bite at the deal?
All terrain enduro casing control compound for the rear and the Grappler enduro casing with mopo compound for the front. Not one review, just an average of all that I've read. Cost is a big one for me with mtb tyres ($50-$80 is palatable). I don't mind paying on the higher range for something that works very well but that's not the case with mtb tyres in the same class. For example the cost disparity between these and a DH22 for example is huge ($50 vs $140) and I don't think the Michelin are 3 times better.

I do like new tyre day though so maybe that's it. Nothing like a new tyre regularly.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
All terrain enduro casing control compound for the rear and the Grappler enduro casing with mopo compound for the front. Not one review, just an average of all that I've read. Cost is a big one for me with mtb tyres ($50-$80 is palatable). I don't mind paying on the higher range for something that works very well but that's not the case with mtb tyres in the same class. For example the cost disparity between these and a DH22 for example is huge ($50 vs $140) and I don't think the Michelin are 3 times better.

I do like new tyre day though so maybe that's it. Nothing like a new tyre regularly.
Just mounted this E13 combo last week. Yet to ride though. Mopo compound feels good.

Minlak

custom titis
Generally people answer with reasons why when faced with a 'why not?'. Why I shouldn't makes more sense, and the answer there is - why not?!
Interesting - A long career in politics awaits you in answering questions with a question therefore technically answering the question but offering no substance what so ever to the answer of the question.