All Mountain Tyres

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I think that's what it is. When you start doing jumps and launching into rock gardens etc that is when the low pressure puts your wheels at risk.
i've heard many a funky sound plowing rock gardens... i dare not go any lower than the ~20-22psi i currently run.

stirk

Burner
I've settled on 19 psi in the tomahawk out back and 17 psi in the hr2 out front, feels good and can handle some rough single track.

Impressed with the tomahawk as a rear tyre.
Good grip and lots of traction climbing tricky loose pinches.

Is it better than the new ardent I just bought, not sure although it feels damn good. I think I'll leave it on.

Z

Zaf

I've settled on 19 psi in the tomahawk out back and 17 psi in the hr2 out front, feels good and can handle some rough single track.

Impressed with the tomahawk as a rear tyre.
Good grip and lots of traction climbing tricky loose pinches.

Is it better than the new ardent I just bought, not sure although it feels damn good. I think I'll leave it on.
Post ride pics?

I've gotta say the WTB Wolverine has been disappointing (Vigilante is great).
Thing slips and slides all over the place doesn't hook up on rocks. Kicks out underneath me when I stomp the pedals and has started to pit and breakdown after about a week or two's riding.
Need new rubber for the 29er again, but new wheels for it first.

Yeti Dan

Likes Dirt
Anyone know Maxxis will release the 2.5 x 27.5 trail version of the Minion and what weight it'll be? Can't find anything anywhere.

70DDD

Cannon Fodder
So Ardents vs Tomahawk on the rear, anyone have much of an opinion yet?
I'm currently running an Ardent but it's toast so thinking of trying something different.

teK--

Eats Squid
Anyone know Maxxis will release the 2.5 x 27.5 trail version of the Minion and what weight it'll be? Can't find anything anywhere.

Yes DHF 2.5 in exo single ply, and DHR2 in 2.4 single ply around 800-850g.

Available in Aus by late Oct.

teK--

Eats Squid
Still the best tyres going round though! Grip 99% as well as Magic Marys without falling apart after 2 rides....
Marys on front and nobs are shredded to hell. DHR2 on rear are wearing smoothy and evenly but tyre still in one piece.

I know what I'm buying next!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yes DHF 2.5 in exo single ply, and DHR2 in 2.4 single ply around 800-850g.

Available in Aus by late Oct.
27x2.3 EXO TR 3C is 870g, 2.5 will be low 900's and worth every single gram.

i want a 26x2.5 EXO TR 3C as well. 2.3 is sweet, but i did like the extra width my Hans Dampf had (it's only redeeming feature)

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
27x2.3 EXO TR 3C is 870g, 2.5 will be low 900's and worth every single gram.

i want a 26x2.5 EXO TR 3C as well. 2.3 is sweet, but i did like the extra width my Hans Dampf had (it's only redeeming feature)
2.5 EXO DHF STs mount up perfectly and hold up well up front!

teK--

Eats Squid
Damn. I Just bought a 2.4 Shorty instead as I wanted something fat, and everything I read said the 2.5 DHF wasn't.

Any chance you can grab a width for both your tyres? No rush.
Lemme know how you go with the Shorty I might get one of those if the 2.5 DHF doesn't arrive in time.