AFL Grand Final 2008

kyleman

Likes Dirt
Who else is backing the underdogs?
Should be a rippa of a game.

I am pissed off to a complete new level to see that the 16's TAC cup final ISNT only bloody free t.v!!
If your lucky enough to watch it look out for young ryan wilson for metro, 16 and he sure can play

Last edited:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Yeah I'll be backing the hawks. I just hope that it's a close and hard game unlike last year. Something worthwhile watching.

emcgough

Likes Dirt
I can't wait... hopefully the Hawks take it to Geelong and don't just lay down as most other teams do. I believe the Hawks can match them and they better!!! A blowout would be disastrous. All the talk in the media about the '89 grand final will fire both sides up I think, probably more so Hawthorn.

I hope Hawthorn win and Hodge gets the Norm Smith after playing injured the whole day. (But if I was a betting man, my money would be on Geelong).

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I'll be backing the hawks. I just hope that it's a close and hard game unlike last year. Something worthwhile watching.
no such thing as a close game in afl now, its either a blowout or complete and utter crap bring back the footy of 10 years ago i say

molzy13

Likes Dirt
im hoping its a close game but im thinking geelong will win by at least 20 points. tipping gary ablet to win the norm smith medal

Last edited:

frosteee01

Likes Bikes
NH_ you are way off the mark saying "no such thing as a close game in afl anymore" you only need to look back at the 05 and 06 grand finals and the were decided by a total of 5 points for both (1 and 4)

anyway i hoping the hawks win cos i hate the cats...by around 5 goals..

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NH_ you are way off the mark saying "no such thing as a close game in afl anymore" you only need to look back at the 05 and 06 grand finals and the were decided by a total of 5 points for both (1 and 4)

yes but they were absolutely shit games to watch just because their close doesnt mean its a good game, close means a good watching game where skills are good, all you get these days are close bad watching games where skills are shithouse as is umpiring or a huge blowout

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon the Bilbies will beat the Pumpkin Sniffer's by a good twenty.

Nah, don't know anything but I will still watch.

emcgough

Likes Dirt
yes but they were absolutely shit games to watch just because their close doesnt mean its a good game
they were intense to watch, great games.

It is frustrating right now watching the AFL telecast.... I can see what I presume is the U/18 TAC final happening in the background, but they're just doing preamble stuff and interviewing people. WHY can't they show the game??? I would rather watch football than hear people talk.

molzy13

Likes Dirt

and wasn't there like 2 or 3 draws during the season

benz1

Likes Bikes
Nah the game in the Background is the U/16 national championships. Looks like division 1 final. Vic Metro/Country (not sure) vs. WA.

And like those above, I hope the hawks win but my money is on Geelong.

emcgough

Likes Dirt
Nah the game in the Background is the U/16 national championships. Looks like division 1 final. Vic Metro/Country (not sure) vs. WA.
oh ok, but still I wouldn't mind watching that, would be interesting. Give the kids a chance to get on TV, they deserve it. They could show the game and still have hours of interviews and other preamble stuff, just a bit less of it.

molzy13

Likes Dirt

And like those above, I hope the hawks win but my money is on Geelong.
i thought it was vic metro vs NT

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I'm in hawaii. I hope someone is streaming it online. i'll have a look now.:(

GO HAWKS! I myself am a bulldogs supporter and after our effort last week i think the hawks can beat them!