Adjustable Seat Posts

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have any experience with a KS Cruxi?

Or should I just stick to a regular Lev?

I'm after a post with 100mm drop, if that makes any difference.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Cruxi (crux ee is how I pronounce it) is a step above the Eteni (E 10 i) and Trek OEM post E30i

There are two actual 'models' of the cruxi ...
OEM Cruxi can either come with a steel cartridge exactually the same as the eten and e30 or an alloy cart.
Aftermarket Cruxi has an alloy cart in the same style as above, but a few grams lighter ...

Its a solid post, and if anything is overall more reliable then the LEV carts in terms of internal seals, and retention of suspension fluid ... ie it rarely suffers the air /oil leakage issues associated with the higher pressures within the top end carts. But conversely, the posts run slower return speeds and is more susceptible to lack of lube / stiction / muddy conditions / swelling DU because the carts don't run as much internal pressure to combat over come this stuff between servicings.

That said, breaking down the post to DIY service, is fracking easy ... 5mm Allen key, rubber strap wrench, a vice or solid workstand and you can have the puppy opened up in 5mins and cleaned and lubed and rebuilt in 15 to 20mins for a full service. Couple that with a regular 5min slicko treatment as often as you can stand it, or after wet rides and bike wash ... And the Cruxi will pump along quite happily.

if you aren't a regular maintenance guy, ride on wet trails regularly and like to blast water all over your bike, then lack of maintenance is going to affect performance pretty quick. Really this is the same with all posts.

search for the Cruxi on our new website ... You should find the service vid and parts diagram to get a feel at how easy the puppy is to disassemble. Www.pushie.com.au

jonathan_k

Likes Bikes
Is Rock n Roll Slick Grease good to use in place of Slickoleum under the collar?

Also, a more specific question about the KS Lev Integra. The manual states maximum 250psi, though the pressure differs depending on whether the post is extended or retracted. Which position does the maximum psi refer to?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I use Rock and Roll mainly on threads ... It's a bit stickier then Slicko ... But better then nothing.

re psi. I would say it's at the top ... But not 100% sure. I tend to always check pressure when extended ... But that's purely out of habit/convenience as I check return speed first before deciding to add pressure.

most carts out of the factory are 150psi ... We tend to send them out after a service at 170-190psi. I think above this, the pressure is masking other problems ... Too tight a seat collar, swollen DU bushing, sucking mud in the mast.

NEVER fully deflate the air pressure ... There is never a reason to go below 100psi. Even when flying.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
New crop of droppers.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/scott-sdg-ritchey-eurobike-2016.html - Ritchey
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ks-wireless-electronic-dropper-post-eurobike-2016.html - KS wireless
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/eightpins-integrated-dropper-post-eurobike-2016.html - Syntace/lite ville integrated
www.pinkbike.com/news/ethirteens-trs-plus-dropper-post-9-46-tooth-cassette-eurobike-2016.html - e13
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/x-fusion-manic-dropper-post-eurobike-2016.html - xfusion internal
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/shimano-koryak-dropper-seatpost-first-look-2016.html - Shimano

there is also the BikeYoke one which is clever.

KS will also have a new 170mm LEV Integra
A lower priced LEV Si which is the cheaper brother of the LEV Integra
a full range of Carbon LEV integra ... 100/125/150 ... Not sure if it will be 170
and the wireless as above.

im surprised they haven't shown these in the Eurobike coverage.

bog

Likes Bikes
Big shout to all the Als at Pushie

Had a knackered cartridge in a lev seat post with about 2yrs of action, a couple of texts and emails for directions, dropped it off on sat, repaired under warranty, wacked back in the post back to the bush on Monday got it Wednesday, ready for action Thursday
Now that IS service, it couldn't have been any easier
Thank-you Gentlemen

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Yes, but there is a $45 international processing fee for local support.

this is factored into local pricing, which obviously we have not recouped from a grey import.

you always have the option of going back to your point of purchase if you do not want to pay the fee.

note, posts from Bicycles Online are currently treated as grey imports originating from Singapore.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Al gets a big tick of approval from me,i had a e-ten on my
old frame and rather than purchase a new one as i was running short of funds, i asked him if it was possible to just change the mast over to a straight one,well a couple of emails latter and i was standing in the skunk works of Pushie Enterprises watching the master at work,after a five minute job ,i had a franken-post in my hot little
hands ,if everyone in the service industry was as accommodating as the "DUDE" the world would be in a much better state......
or at least you wouldn't be pulling your hair out when you had to deal with people....

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
After reading the reviews I ordered one of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=COyKwoaD088CFWOc2wodz64GTw&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm still a little skeptical though as the reviews are from people given or heavily discounted one.
The price compared to a Command ircc or a Reverb Stealth was too tempting.
I'd be interested to know how it goes ... Keep the lube up to it and be super conscious of water ... In my experience the more water a post is exposed to the more servicing the puppies need ... Servicing to me just means clean and relube ... Not a rebuild of the cart or anything like that.

For that ETen i ^^ ... I was chuffed at that one ... Rebuilt an Eten with a 150mm LEV Integra cart ... We got 30mm more travel, whilst shortening the overall length as well. Pretty sure we dropped some pork out of it too. Grant wanted it to pass Halal certification.

If you have an ETen (R, L or i), a CRUXi or an E30i and want more or less travel, a slightly shorter post length, and save a bit of weight email pushie or contact your fav store and we can quote some prices.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Al,when you go global,you can use the" halal certified "as your slogan....on a side note which way around does my new post go?
logo on the head to the front or back?

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Couldn't be assed reading through every page so I'll ask a question I'm sure would have already been and gone..
27.2 droppers? Not much of a market but I'm about to get on a Niner Sir9 steel hardtail that I want to get full fun factor out of with a dropper. I've been there done that with static lightweight XC rigs and don't want to go back to seat up the bum 24/7
Any advice appreciated

moorey

call me Mia
Couldn't be assed reading through every page so I'll ask a question I'm sure would have already been and gone..
27.2 droppers? Not much of a market but I'm about to get on a Niner Sir9 steel hardtail that I want to get full fun factor out of with a dropper. I've been there done that with static lightweight XC rigs and don't want to go back to seat up the bum 24/7
Any advice appreciated
If 4" drop is enough for you, get a Lev. If you need 5", get a Thompson.

Muznik

Squid
I'd be interested to know how it goes ... Keep the lube up to it and be super conscious of water ... In my experience the more water a post is exposed to the more servicing the puppies need ... Servicing to me just means clean and relube ... Not a rebuild of the cart or anything like that.

For that ETen i ^^ ... I was chuffed at that one ... Rebuilt an Eten with a 150mm LEV Integra cart ... We got 30mm more travel, whilst shortening the overall length as well. Pretty sure we dropped some pork out of it too. Grant wanted it to pass Halal certification.

If you have an ETen (R, L or i), a CRUXi or an E30i and want more or less travel, a slightly shorter post length, and save a bit of weight email pushie or contact your fav store and we can quote some prices.
Fitted the Brand X post Saturday night & took it for a spin around (& up & down) Nerang on Sunday morning.
It did everything it was supposed to do, so I am one very happy rider !

This is my 1st dropper so I hadn't ridden too much with one previously.
My only real comparison is a short ride on a Reverb & an in store demo of a IRCC.

However I was happy with the way it performed & the options it gave me on the trail.

Pros:
- Return rate is good without the risk of smashing the boys.
- Adjusts to any position from low to high
- looks good fitted (all black finish)

Cons
-small amount of play (mm) in the seat, which I am led to believe is standard for dropper posts. Not too noticeable when riding
- Lever is a little loose, which I will see if it can be tightened but, not quite as good as the reverb I tried (button type)

Don't want to get too far ahead of myself as it's only 1x ride old but at the moment I cant see why anyone would pay $500 for a reverb, given they have had known issues, when you can buy these for $183.

Is hydraulic that much better than cable?

moorey

call me Mia
Fitted the Brand X post Saturday night & took it for a spin around (& up & down) Nerang on Sunday morning.
It did everything it was supposed to do, so I am one very happy rider !

This is my 1st dropper so I hadn't ridden too much with one previously.
My only real comparison is a short ride on a Reverb & an in store demo of a IRCC.

However I was happy with the way it performed & the options it gave me on the trail.

Pros:
- Return rate is good without the risk of smashing the boys.
- Adjusts to any position from low to high
- looks good fitted (all black finish)

Cons
-small amount of play (mm) in the seat, which I am led to believe is standard for dropper posts. Not too noticeable when riding
- Lever is a little loose, which I will see if it can be tightened but, not quite as good as the reverb I tried (button type)

Don't want to get too far ahead of myself as it's only 1x ride old but at the moment I cant see why anyone would pay $500 for a reverb, given they have had known issues, when you can buy these for $183.

Is hydraulic that much better than cable?
Quoted for posterity....other than that...you know that reverb isn't the only other option, yeah?

madstace

Likes Dirt
....other than that...you know that reverb isn't the only other option, yeah?
And thank christ for that! I seriously don't get the Reverb love. Every one I've used on demo bikes (and one brand new one) felt rough as shit, not to mention the terrible ergonomics of the actuator, and the PITA it'd be to fit one, especially internally routed.

Good to hear the Brand-X post is a decent option for those not wanting to spend a fortune on a dropper.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Re: 27.2mm
KS has a few options
first L = Lever (under saddle)
R = Remote ... External routing
i = internal routing eg ETeni = Eten internal routing.

- ETen (L, R, i) ... 15mm offset saddle clamp
- CRUX i ... zero offset
- LEV 27.2 65mm and 100mm travel ... Zero offset
- LEV Integra or (i) 100mm only ... Zero offset

there is also XFusion HiLo 27.2 ... DIYMTB has them in stock circa 2 weeks ago.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
My reverb has just stopped working, I'll give it a bleed and see how it goes but, is there an adjustable seat post that just has 2 positions?
All the way up and all the way down?

I don't need anything in between, it's either up or down.